Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Key Tasks and Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
• Program Assistant (PA) positions are held by experienced staff whose acquired knowledge and skills enable them to independently undertake diverse and complex work assignments. With only routine supervision, the PAs work closely with other staff within the unit to make a significant contribution to the overall achievement of the unit’s work program.
• In addition to performing the full range of office support (Eg. Database management, knowledge management, task management, major event/course planning, etc.),
work typically requires interpreting existing procedures and processes, independently determining which should be used, and applying these appropriately. Work requires extensive coordination with other Bank Group Units and frequent liaison with team members, regardless of location and external counterparts.
• Provide primary assistance in the implementation of the unit’s work program, including some specialized support in a specific area(s), Eg. Task management, procurement, database management, information technology, editorial assistance, etc.
• Identify and resolve diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining the appropriate application.
• Suggest ways to enhance work organization and effectiveness.
• Exercise quality enhancement function for project and other documents by ensuring adherence to departmental and institutional guidelines.
• Participate in developing project/product time lines, using appropriate software.
• Attend meetings, drafts minutes and ensures timely clearance and distribution.
• Serve as an information resource on status of project/product (Eg. Procurement, disbursement, audit, trust fund/co-financing, and legal issues) and drafts a variety of standard project-related correspondence.
• Monitor task budget/trust funds for specific projects on behalf of the team.
• Undertake ad hoc inquiries in standard and non-standard databases, retrieves, manipulates and presents data.
• Participate in mission field work as required.
• In addition to performing the tasks outlined above, PAs will also perform administrative functions including:
• Provide and carry out the full range office support work in a very demanding international work environment and work proactively with the team in planning and ensuring that unit calendars, travel, meetings, etc. are efficiently coordinated;
• Co-ordinate with service units; liaise frequently with team members in Singapore, Washington D.C. and other Country Offices, as well as external counterparts and may also be assigned responsibility for the aspect of the unit’s administrative functions and also assist Front Office staff on mission.
• Assist in the organization and coordination of all manner of events related to Singapore Hub activities such as high level visits, media events, workshops, conferences, trainings, meetings, including side events as required;
• Co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information;
• Produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, graphs according to standard Bank formats and distribution;
• Draft correspondence and proofread materials; using proper grammar, punctuation, and style.
• Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully; (e.g., responds to requests requiring file search, etc.).
• Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters and ensure proper dissemination of documentation;
• Maintain and update contacts lists, current distribution list, the filing system, program or unit files (both paper and electronically) and ensure the general efficient functioning of the assigned team.
Tthe successful candidate should have:
• A minimum of diploma preferably in Office Management or Business Administration, or other relevant qualification;
• At least 5 years of direct relevant experience in a large International/ Public Service or Private Sector Organization
• Proficient in verbal and written English and effective time management and organizational skills.
How To Apply:
• If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: http://web.worldbank.org/external/default/main?pagePK=8454041&piPK=8454059&theSitePK=8453353&JobNo=161917&contentMDK=23158967&order=descending&sortBy=job-req-num&location=ALL&menuPK=8453611&JobType=Professional%20%26%20Technical&JobGrade=GC