International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, Yaounde, Cameroon
Closing Date for Applications:
The position holder for the CP3 program assistant will:
- Support the program manager in development of work plans, budgets, monitoring plans, and other program documents for the implementation of CP3- program in the country.
- Supervise the implementation of the epidemic and pandemic preparedness program in support of the National Society (the branches/communities).
- Support the implementation of an all-of-society, all-hazard approach to epidemic and pandemic risk mitigation in the country (branches/communities).
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders in support of improved management of health emergencies in communities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Cameroon Red Cross to establish functional health emergency response teams in branches, early warning systems for epidemic - prone branches for early detection and response to potential hazards to infectious human and Zoonotic diseases.
- Provide technical support to staff and volunteers of the CP3 program of the Cameroon Red Cross by providing assistance with trainings, activity planning, preparation of tools and implementation of health activities
- Contribute to the collection and use of quality data for decision-making, including through innovative tools and techniques
- Provide technical support to build capacity of community and branches’ preparedness including, key areas for early detection, early action, social behaviour change and organizational as part of preparedness for epidemic and pandemic response.
- Collaborate with ‘One Health’ initiative to ensure collaboration with the agricultural sectors in preparing for epidemics and pandemics
- Support the health department team in emergency preparedness initiatives program development and contingency planning and/or to respond to emergencies in the country.
- Prepare program periodic reports- weekly, monthly, quarterly in line with program and donor requirements.
- Perform any other incident-specific duties assigned to you, as may be required by the functional supervisor.
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health information Management or public management of communicable diseases. . Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to human or animal health
- Minimum 1 years related experience, in implementing community health programs
- Prior humanitarian working experience at field level with a recognized humanitarian organization or with an organization with expertise in health emergencies response. .Minimum 1 years related experience, in implementing Community base surveillance . Support the design and implementation of monitoring guidelines, protocols and systems in collaboration with stakeholders to ensure the collection, correlation, analysis, interpretation and dissemination of brake information/alerts
- Experience in developing program documents, reporting, and managing databases. Experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Sound knowledge and skills in database management and statistical analysis, secondary data review, , monitoring and evaluation systems design or use, and public health information management.
- Proven ability to multi-task across various planning and implementation processes within a highly demanding environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge, competency and professional skills on the public health aspects of infectious disease control, epidemic and pandemic preparedness and response with particular attention to application of an all-hazard approach in the context of the International Health Regulations(IHR), Global Health Security Agenda(GHSA) and the use of event based and indicator based surveillance, as well as descriptive epidemiology and principles of public health in communicable disease surveillance and response
- Excellent computer skills. (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat). Advanced level of excel competence, and familiarity with Power BI
- Strong operational management ability: a clear focus on results, monitors quality and progress of work against plans
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Excellent communication
- Able to work on own initiative and solve problems
- Team Leadership,
- Planning strategically.
- Proven integrity
- Good Interpersonal skills . Excellent oral and written communication . Fluent in both French and English