The FHI 360 Global Connections department engages with a diversity of institutions and individuals in the United States and around the world to strengthen professional, cultural, youth and academic exchanges, and educational/training linkages. A growing area of work includes online and third-country participant trainings that focus on professional and institutional development in a broad range of technical areas.
The ERWE Program, which primarily focuses on women entrepreneurship, provides trainings and civil society capacity building activities for stakeholders in the MENA and/or SCA regions. The current funder is the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs; however, this program may also receive funding from other funders/sources. We are seeking applications for a Program Assistant to provide administrative and programmatic support across a diverse portfolio of project activities.
This position is contingent upon funding, and funder’s vetting approval once funding is secured.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Administrative/Operational Support: Ensure all recorded/tracked data is accurate and meets program monitoring and reporting needs; provide general procurement/administrative actions, as needed; schedule team meetings; manage electronic filing system; and other administrative duties, as assigned;
- Support Program Procurement and Financial Actions: Facilitate, monitor, track and process payments for vendors and consultants, supply orders, and other procurement duties, as assigned;
- Support Program Activities: Provide general research and troubleshooting support for team; provide translation to target country language (if appropriate and as needed); and contribute to client report sections, as requested;
- Collaboration/Communication: Maintain professional standard of communication with colleagues, consultants, and beneficiaries; and ensure work style contributes to team building and a professional environment where colleagues can work together productively
- Business Development: Participate in business development opportunities, as necessary
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree or its international equivalent in International Relations, Entrepreneurship, Communication, Education, Social Sciences, International Development or related field;
- Typically requires 0-2 years of programmatic and administrative support experience;
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff;
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English;
- Reading and writing functionality in Persian, Tajik or Dari; and
- Prior experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of MENA and/or SCA regions’ cultures preferred; and
- Knowledge of and experience working on women entrepreneurship preferred.