Creative Associates International, Berlin, Germany
Closing Date for Applications:
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates International (Creative) seeks to recruit a part-time (20 hours per week) Program Assistant (PA) to help support a multi-million-dollar project in Syria. The Program Assistant will work in close collaboration with the team inside Syria and in Berlin to assist in designing and developing project activities to further essential services in Eastern Syria. The PA will assist with gathering information for the development and technical implementation of field activities together with the main partners. This work will be done in accordance with Creative’s rules and procedures and within the budget allocated by the client.
The Program Assistant will be based in Berlin, Germany. The PA will report to the Program Officer and work closely with the Berlin based Program Team and the Syria field team. The Program Assistant will supervise no staff.
- In collaboration with project beneficiaries and program team, assist in the strategic design and development of project activities focusing on essential service provision in eastern Syria;
- Assist in drafting activity approval forms for Program Officer review prior to submission to Senior Management for client approval;
- Support Implementation Team in the design of milestone deliverables for project activities and provide technical review and concurrence of milestone completion after activity award;
- Contribute to weekly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting coordinating with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to ensure project specific objectives are met;
- Arrange meetings for staff and consultants with beneficiaries to further information gathering relevant to project development and implementation;
- Provide both verbal and written translation and interpretation;
- Develop and maintain tracking systems for programmatic information, including timely submission of field reports, donor reports, subgrantee progress and financial reports, and timesheets; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, required in relevant field;
- One to two (1-2) years’ experience of international professional experience working in local governance and/or civil society on program development/design/implementation;
- Demonstrated knowledge of regional conflict and political dynamics with a focus on the Syrian context strongly preferred;
- Experience in working on United States government funded development/stabilization programming preferred;
- Fluency in Arabic language required;
- Proficiency in English language required; and
- Authorization to legally work in Germany.