FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 US states and all US territories.
The Program Assistant performs and provides day-to-day administrative, programmatic and logistical support duties to program, finance and director-level staff within the Global Education, Employment and Engagement (G3E) Business Unit. Support may be provided to the overall business unit, departments and practice areas, and/or specific projects and/or business development opportunities. The Program Assistant works closely with program and finance managers to manage documentation in Costpoint and to ensure that invoices are processed in a timely manner. The Program Assistant prepares documents and reports; uses office technology for compiling records, organizing and maintaining files and posting information; greets/refers/assists others; and supports with mail distribution, photocopying and scanning. The Program Assistant collects and verifies data, summarizes and reconciles information. The Program Assistant coordinates and maintains records management and serves as a primary resource for assistance in the department.
- Consultant support: compile consultant agreement packages, obtain approvals, and upload into Costpoint;
- Payment processing: receive invoices in Costpoint, compile payment packages, obtain approvals and submit for processing;
- Travel support: support travel activities for staff and consultants including preparation of expense authorizations, obtaining client travel approval, working with Travel Services to obtain air tickets and advances, and supporting travel expense reporting when required;
- Event support: support logistical arrangements for events, conferences and workshops, including invitations, and procurement of materials, supplies, refreshments, etc.;
- Contract deliverables support and tracking: as needed, support with reviewing/uploading project reports and deliverables to the Development Experience Clearinghouse and to the internal Knowledge Exchange;
- File management: support departments, practices and/or projects to manage electronic files and/or review to ensure completion;
- Communications support: as requested, compile FHI 360 folders for external stakeholders; keep track of communications materials inventory and work with teams to request additional materials, as needed;
- Business development: support business development efforts including assisting with proposal recruitment, CV formatting, organizational chart formatting, and performing desk research, as needed;
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (business administration, political science, sociology, international relations, economics, etc.);
- 1-2 years of administrative support experience;
- Strong organizational and administrative skills;
- Good writing and editing skills in English;
- Excellent communication and analytical skills;
- Ability to work well in a team and meet multiple deadlines;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and apply critical thinking to solve problems;
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple supervisors;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.);
- Additional languages a plus; and
- Prior experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.