The Country Strategic Plan of the World Food Program in Ecuador (WFP) seeks synergy with the actions of the Government of Ecuador and knowledge transfer focused on four strategic
Refugees, displaced persons and vulnerable people in Ecuador can meet their basic food and nutrition needs throughout the year;
Small farmers, especially women, in the selected areas, will increase their income permanently and improve their productivity by 2021;
Communities and individuals with food insecurity in areas with high vulnerability to climate change, as well as government institutions, will strengthen their capacity to adapt to climate change by 2021; and
National institutions and programs in Ecuador, including social protection programs, will receive support to reduce food insecurity and malnutrition by 2021.
WFP's ability to achieve its Strategic Objectives depends on its activities meeting the different needs and priorities of the women, men, girls and boys to whom they are intended. A world without hunger can only be achieved if everyone has equal opportunities, equal access to resources and the same possibilities to make their voice heard in decisions that impact their homes, communities and societies.
In addition, WFP, as an agency of the United Nations (UN), is committed to promoting and encouraging respect for human rights, which is a central objective of UN. WFP ensures humanitarian protection, guaranteeing the safety, dignity and rights of the beneficiaries of its programs. To the nutritional and nutritional requirements, there is another range of needs and rights, including physical, social, emotional, cultural and spiritual aspects, which WFP must take into account. Through the consideration of these variables, PMA ensures that everyone benefits equally from their assistance and that discrimination is not perpetuated or exacerbated.
For the proper execution of its projects, WFP requires hiring a Program Assistant - Budget and Programming to carry out the procurement processes of goods and services.
CONTEXT AND ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
- The Budget and Programming Assistant reports to the Deputy Country Director, who directs the Program area; and is responsible for providing technical support in the preparation and review of budget plans, monitoring and analysis of the financial results of the projects, with the objective of facilitating informed decision making and promoting the optimal use of funds.
- The position holder must assume responsibility, under general supervision, for carrying out a series of processes and activities that require a certain level of interpretation of the standard guidelines and practices. You are expected to use your own criteria to address unforeseen situations by seeking advice from a supervisor. The job holder supports financial resources management and can provide guidance to other officials.
- Contribute to the review of budgetary plans and the monitoring and analysis of the financial results of the entire CSP, and make recommendations in accordance with WFP's best practices, policies and financial procedures, in order to support the financial analysis and optimization of the resources.
- Carry out analysis of the balances of the funds and donations and make reference to the discrepancies or variations to the supervisor, in order to support the maximum use of the funds and the decision-making process.
- Monitor monthly expense forecasts and provide expense reports to facilitate informed decision making.
- Introduce accurate data in institutional systems respecting the established deadlines, to facilitate access to information and support planning, monitoring and decision making.
- Compile data and perform basic analyzes, maintain accurate records and records and prepare periodic and special reports to be examined in greater detail, in order to support the accuracy and efficiency of the information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- Review and analyze settlements for the respective processing and payment of institutional partners, Review and follow up on the planning of advances and coupon settlements.
- Maintain communication regarding the management of project funds and related processes (preparation of Assignment Plan, PR, PODA, SES and sub-office operational STIs), to clarify any discrepancies and optimize the use of the funds.
- Provide guidance and training in employment to other officials in the area of budget planning, fund management and operational planning, to support the continued development of staff and increase consistency in the services provided.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices, to be sure that WFP is in a position to respond quickly and send the necessary resources to the affected areas at the beginning of a crisis.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, the improvement of corporate systems and the design of tools to facilitate general planning, expense forecasting, budgetary management and monitoring of resource utilization.
- Perform any other function requested within its scope of responsibility.
Education: Completion of the secondary education cycle. The presentation of a certificate of higher education in the corresponding functional sphere (Accounting, Finance, Economics and / or related) will be valued.
- At least five years of relevant experience, with progressive responsibility, in financial functions, planning, analysis and / or budgetary control, or programming.
- Desirable experience in programming processes and financial control of projects in the United Nations System.
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish.
Skills and knowledge required
- Capacities and knowledge in internal controls and compliance, budgeting based on achievements, analysis and reporting, resource management, management of achievements, knowledge of the supply chain and operations.
- Ability to use standard office equipment and office software. Solvent use of Excel. Easy to interact with corporate computer platforms (ERPs).
- High analytical capacity, attention to detail and neatness.
- Organization and monitoring
- Ability to work in a team and internal customer orientation