UN Women, drawing its source from the vision of equality as indicated in the charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discriminations made against women and girls; women's economic empowerment; the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development interventions, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
By placing the rights of women at the center of all its efforts, UN Women will ensure the lead and coordination of all the efforts of the United Nations system to ensure its commitments to gender equality and the empowerment of women and translation. operational of gender mainstreaming around the world. It will provide strong and consistent support in this area in support of the priorities and efforts of member states, building an effective partnership with civil society and other important actors.
The UN Women Mali Program supports the implementation of the National Gender Policy through the following results:
- Equitable political participation and increased transformative leadership in the area of democratic governance;
- Economic capacities and female entrepreneurship strengthened;
- Increased access to prevention services and strategies in the field of combating gender-based violence and the stigma of HIV / AIDS;
- Improved coordination in the area of strengthening the normative framework for gender equality at national level through the common gender strategy and in its role as president
Reporting to the Governance Program Coordinator, the Program Assistant collaborates with and supports the members of the program team in developing and implementing effective programs in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations. The program assistant provides the team with program, administrative and logistical assistance for the successful implementation of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programs:
- Provide administrative support during the preparation of program work plans, budgets and proposals on how to implement the program, including monitoring the delivery of funds;
- Provide administrative support to executing agencies and responsible parties with respect to the execution and reporting of activities and finances supported by the program;
- Provide administrative support for the verification of programs / projects and support the implementation of audit recommendations;
- Identify sources and collect and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, directives, speeches and positions, in collaboration with the program team.
Provide administrative support to the financial management of the program unit:
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, review the attributions and status of projects; and determine the unused funds and the operational and financial closure of a project;
- Provide administrative support for the monitoring and preparation of the budget and finances of programs / projects, as well as for the preparation of FACE forms;
- Prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Process the payment of the consultants, as it is delayed;
- Create requests in Atlas for development projects; register vouchers received in Atlas.
Provide administrative support to the program unit:
- Make all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements to organize meetings, workshops, events and missions.
- Organize travel for the program team, including travel and reimbursement requests.
- Write the minutes of the meetings, as a delegate
- Assemble information documents and prepare PowerPoint and other presentations, in collaboration with the program team;
- Organize and coordinate the filing of documents; maintain mailing lists.
Provide administrative support for resource mobilization:
Organize, compile and process documentation and information from donors and the program team as contributions to various databases and documents.
Facilitation of knowledge building and sharing : Provide administrative support to the organization of training for office staff and partners on program and operational matters.
Key performance indicators
- Punctual and precise administrative and logistical support for events, workshops and missions
- Full compliance of administrative activities with the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of UN Women;
- Punctual and precise monitoring of data for the management of the country office in Mali and for donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems and files;
- Quality and timely support to the program team.
- Respect for diversity
- Awareness and sensitivity regarding gender issues
- Creative problem solving
- Effective communication
- Inclusive collaboration
- Stakeholder engagement
- knowledge of program management;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports, information and workflows;
- good financial and budgetary skills;
- Good computer skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- High school diploma required.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration or public administration is an asset.
- At least five years of professional experience, with increasing levels of responsibility, in management or administrative or program support;
- Experience working in an IT environment using multiple office software;
- Experience in using ATLAS, an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team is an asset.
- Fluency in French and English required;
- Knowledge of another official UN working language is an asset.