International Center for Transitional Justice, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
ICTJ is an international non-profit organization specializing in the field of transitional justice. ICTJ works across society and borders to challenge the causes and address the consequences of massive human rights violations. We affirm victims’ dignity, fight impunity, and promote responsive institutions.
The Program Associate’s responsibilities will be to:
- Work with the Head of Office to conceptualize, design and implement programs in order to provide technical assistance and support to transitional justice processes in Kenya.
- Coordinate with ICTJ global experts and country programs, as well as local State and non-State partners in rolling out technical assistance programs.
- Perform research and writing tasks including compiling and organizing comparative information, legal research, and preparing country papers and other written work for publication.
- Assist in the work plan processes including preparing annual and quarterly operational plans, and monitoring and reporting on implementation and results.
- Assist in the development of proposals for donor and development partners’ support.
- Coordinate with the Finance and Administrative Manager and Program Assistant in tracking program budgets and expenditures.
- Collaborate with the Program Assistant in organizing workshops, conferences, and missions.
- Conduct periodic travels in support of ICTJ country and thematic programs.
- Cover for the Head of Office on country and thematic work when absent.
- Perform other duties as necessary and required.
The Program Associate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Law (LL.B); a Master’s degree is desirable.
- At least three to five years of relevant work experience, particularly in transitional justice, human rights, international criminal law, Constitutional law, and related fields.
- Considerable knowledge and experience in project management.
- Excellent research, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in an intensive and fast-paced work environment, and with a wide range of partners.