UN WFP, Conakry, Guinea
Closing Date for Applications:
- This position is to be filled at the country office level to support the program unit in the execution of the cash transfer modality (CBT). The incumbent reports to the Program Manager.
- The incumbent at this level is expected to show responsibility and a spirit of initiative to respond independently to questions when they only have general guidelines. They must use good judgment to deal with unforeseen day-to-day operational problems. They are expected to manage resources and accompany and coordinate support staff
- Provide expert support and technical analysis in policy and program activities that effectively respond to assistance needs.
Description of tasks :
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and the general supervision of the Program Advisor, Program Associate (CBT) will be in charge of:
- Develop plans and the distribution cycle & Country Office delivery notes (FRN CO);
- Consolidate and verify requests for food / cash / voucher from Partners against the approved Plan;
- Support the other units in the documentation on the choice of modality and the establishment of transfer mechanisms;
- Establish Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the various transfer mechanisms in connection with other units;
- Establish a roadmap on the transfer modality in connection with the other units;
- Support other units in the preparation of CBT interventions (amount of transfers, mechanisms etc.)
- Ensure the consolidation of analyzes for the choice of modality and coordinate discussions at the level of the Cash Transfer Working Group (CBT).
- Track the dispache of / voucher / cash to partners;
- Identify and implement the capacity building needs of Partners;
- Check compliance with the contract for invoices for Program activities;
- Ensure the link with the Sub Offices (SB) for the organization of distributions;
- Ensure the link with the SBs for the consolidation of beneficiary lists;
- Contribute to the analyzes and choice of transfer modalities and mechanisms;
- Support the establishment of transfer mechanisms and service providers (traders, FSP, etc.)
- Ensure compliance control at the Program level of the cash transfer process with WFP SOPs and institutional procedures;
- Support other units in the implementation of CBT and build the capacities of stakeholders on procedures.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION
- Follow in real time with M&E colleagues, information on distributions and assisted beneficiaries;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of monitoring and evaluation recommendations on CBT.
- Perform monthly reconciliations between planning and implementation for the distribution of / cash / vouchers;
- Follow with the Supply Chain and Finance the CBT bank reconciliation;
- Reconcile the data and establish the CBT payment reports according to the payment statements or other supporting documents.
- Hold a License, preferably in the relevant field.
Experience wanted :
- At least six (6) years of progressively responsible professional experience, including a minimum of three (6) years in the relevant field, together with administrative work experience.
- Have proven experience in the use of financial management platforms and a solid command of programmatic planning tools.
- Have experience in coordinating technical / specific activity
- Software expertise: a very good command of computer tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Internet), knowledge of SAP solutions and other programmatic platform would be an asset.
- Good communication skills and ability to clearly present documents and activity reports.
- Fluency in spoken and written French, knowledge of English would be an asset.