Program Associate (L&F)
WorldFish, Penang, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
- WorldFish is seeking a motivated, dynamic, and energetic team player to contribute to the management and coordination of our engagement in the CGIAR Research Programs on ‘Livestock and Fish’ and ‘Aquatic Agricultural Systems’. The position is based at WorldFish Headquarters in Penang with opportunities to visit other countries where field activities are being implemented by WorldFish and our research and development partners.
- Provide comprehensive, effective and efficient executive support services to the Livestock & Fish leadership team in WorldFish
- Support and lead parts of the preparation and reporting of the annual research plan
- Assist in administration, monitoring and reporting of research activities
- Assist in budget preparation, administration and monitoring activities
- Assist in planning, coordination and management of workshops, meetings, conferences, training, field trips and other research activities
- Manage and monitor partner and consultancy contracts including outputs, deliverables, deadlines and payments
- Other duties as may be agreed with management
Skills and Qualifications Requirements
- Bachelor or Masters’ Degree in Business Administration, Secretarial, Agriculture/Aquaculture or relevant field
- High level managerial, scientific, organizational, secretarial and/or event management skills with at least 5 years of work experience
- Scientific research and financial experience and knowledge will be added advantages
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, with strong command of verbal and written English
- Team player and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient in MS Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Databases, etc.)
- This position will be based at WorldFish’s headquarters in Penang, Malaysia. The initial employment contract will be for a three-year term, with possibility of renewal. It is a mid-level position which is open for Malaysian national (NRS) only. Salary and benefits will be in compliance with WorldFish NRS remuneration policies.
- WorldFish is committed to developing an inclusive work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and experience is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission.
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information:
- A letter of application including a 300 word (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Names and contacts (telephone, fax, and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
- Initial screening will start on 13 March 2015, and will continue until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.