Qatar Charity, Ankara, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
About Qatar Charity:
- Qatar Charity (QC) is a non-governmental organization working in both relief and development. With a considerable regional capacity, QC is a leading humanitarian organization in the Middle East region committed to transforming adversity into revival for the world's most vulnerable populations. By working with beneficiaries and communities, QC is keen to develop the links and continuum between relief activities and long term community development projects.
- In the performance of its activities in cooperation with different humanitarian and development partners, Qatar Charity is committed to the principles of partnership such as equality, transparency, responsibility, and integration. QC is also committed to the fundamental humanitarian principles of independence, neutrality and impartiality.
- For the last three decades, Qatar Charity has achieved both consistent and considerable growth in terms of its operations and institutionalization and is currently working in more than 70 countries across the world, with field offices in 32 countries.
- QC has a membership of the United Nations Economic and Social Council Since 1997; and is a member of various fora and networks the recent being the START Network. QC is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs since 2009.
The Program Coordinator will maintain close coordination with program and operations team to seek for necessary reporting requirements. He will coordinate with official authorities, UN Agencies and humanitarian organizations based in Turkey as and when required. In consultation with the HoP, he will support field teams in programs and operations to address day-to-day issues. He will address the Doha HQ reporting requirements effectively and efficiently in close coordination with the HoP and CD.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review and recommend that the projects and program plans and progress reports meet the quality criteria.
- Ensure that the periodic reports are complete in all aspects and share with the HQ Doha as per agreed timeline.
- Seek guidance from the HoP on the issues and challenges regarding projects and programs on field and advise the field staff accordingly.
- Recommend strategic priorities and approaches regarding programmatic choices to the HoP and the program team.
- Review and finalize, in consultation with the HoP and CD, annual and project-specific work plans, including project implementation, M&E, procurement and funds utilization
- Identify and propose strategies for working with local partners, CBOs, INGOs and the UN.
Implementation and Program Quality
- Coordinate with Relief Coordinators and Field Coordinators to ensure that projects are implemented as per project budgets, timelines, and donor compliance requirements
- Regularly review the donor compliance requirements, communicate with the field teams for assurance and report any gaps and issues.
- Ensure proper documentation of QC interventions and activities, including monthly activity/project reports, and other reporting, as required
- Ensure oversight of HR, Operations, M&E and Program Management to ensure that all programs and projects receive adequate support
Networking, Communication and Fundraising
- Build relationships with donors, other INGOs, government authorities and local NGOs
- Probe available funding opportunities within the existing funding mechanisms in the UN and NGO sector and lead the process of proposal development in coordination of Relief Coordinators.
- Suggest and propose the development and utilization of best practices in program delivery at all levels.
- Take responsibility for the timely submission of high quality donor reports and proposals
- Represent QC to official authorities, UN agencies, private sector partners and NGO forums including cluster meetings.
- Review, report and recommend that the programs meet QC Quality Standards and international Codes of Conduct and Standards of Best Practices
- Assist the program team to develop, finalize and closely monitor the program budget.
- The successful candidate must have at least 5 years working experience with INGOs in developing countries preferably within MENA context, with a background of successful fundraising and dealing with different donors
- A degree qualification in Management/ Disaster Management/Social Science/International Development/Public Administration with a specific expertise in at least two of the following areas: community development, food security, community based disaster management/risk reduction, capacity building, working with partners
- Familiarity with the Sustainable Development Goals, humanitarian principles, SPHERE, Do No Harm, and other international standards for emergency work;
- Familiarity with the UNOCHA Online Projects System (OPS)
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Arabic is essential; Turkish is an asset;
- QC employees are expected to work in accordance with the Organization’s core values, aims and objectives. They should be sympathetic to the cultural norms of behaviour QC believes in.