The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance.
CHAI India is working with the Greater Chennai Corporation towards an ambitious vision for a TB-free Chennai. Under this vision, the Corporation aims to develop a comprehensive service delivery model for rapidly achieving increased case detection and reduced TB mortality. The Corporation’s vision will be realized through the support and collaboration of several donors and partners providing technical and implementing support. The program calls for close coordination amongst different stakeholders and strategic partners to ensure that activities and resources are streamlined and operational synergies maximized. A technical support group (TSG) constituting a team of specialists in specific fields has been established by CHAI to provide technical and strategic support to the Corporation. This TSG is led by a Program Manager.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills for the role of Program Coordinator. The Coordinator must be able to function independently and flexibly and have a strong commitment to excellence.
The Program Coordinator will work under the guidance of the Program Manager; and work closely with other key strategic partners, to support the “TB Free Chennai” initiative.
Key responsibilities will include -
- Ensure the TSG’s day-to-day action plan is in line with the project’s long term vision and is driven by evidence based decision making
- Support the Corporation and the TSG in co-ordination amongst the TB Free Chennai partners
- Engage with relevant partners to facilitate accurate data and results generation for the various grants under the TB Free Chennai initiative and prepare reports as required.
- Work with the Corporation to facilitate reviews of TB Free Chennai activities through monthly reports and consultations
- Provide strategic, analytical, communication, and project management support to implement CHAI’s strategy for supporting the TB Free Chennai initiative
- Develop strong relationships with private sector stakeholders and collaborators as well as public sector stakeholders (NTP, multilateral funding agencies, NGOs, governments)
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree in science or business or equivalent; Masters’ degree in business / public health preferred
- At least 2 years work experience in managing workstreams with verifiable results and limited external support. Experience in public health will be an advantage
- Exceptional stakeholder management capabilities
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information, especially clinical, scientific and technical information
- Fluency in Tamil is preferred