FHI 360, Manila, Philippines
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- Assist the Program Officer in monitoring the agreed deliverables and completion of indicators of the sub grantees and other partners. S/he will ensure that the activities conducted harmonize and complement with the regional and local operations of GF PROTECTS
- Assist the EpiC sites in establishing linkages with their respective DOH Regional Offices/ CHD, and partner local government units to complement their HIV/ AIDS-related initiatives with EpiC’s activities.
- Provide technical assistance on the participation of the EpiC sites in the Local AIDS Council to lobby for the budget allocation of HIV projects/ activities in the local budget plans including the integration into the Service Delivery Network.
- Assist in the conduct of EpiC project technical assistance provision in the form of meetings, trainings, orientations and workshops to the sites.
- Coordinate with the Data Encoders for follow up HIV/AIDS reports from sites and partners for proper entry into the national reporting system; and review the submitted reports from sites before submission to the M&E and Program Officers.
- Assist Regional Program Coordinators and Data Encoders on the development schedules for site monitoring visits and data encoding assignments.
- Participate in quality improvement plans which focus on site-level program improvement.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues among key populations in the Philippines.
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
- Experience working with civil society organizations on financial reporting and compliance for HIV and/or health-related activities.
- Experience of proactively identifying risk, addressing issues and appropriately communicating these to the project staff, FHI 360 HQ, and USAID as needed.
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different organizations and cultures.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within the Philippines, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or related field required.
- 2-4 years’ relevant experience in non-governmental accounts, program/grant management, and US Government rules and regulations.
- Prior work experience on USAID funded programs with USAID PEPFAR funded programs preferred; HIV/KP-focused programs a plus.
- Native Tagalog speaker and good communication skills and good command in written and spoken English.
- Previous experience in the Philippines is required.
- The position will be based in Manila, Philippines and work out of the FHI 360 Country office. Preference is for Filipino national candidates.