We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are looking for a Program Coordinator to provide administrative, operational, financial and program management support on a large USAID malaria contract in the PMI Impact Malaria (IM) department. The Program Coordinator (PC) will have wide ranging responsibilities and will work with project staff at all levels both in Washington and overseas. The position requires flexibility and willingness to assume varied duties and projects with an emphasis on administrative tasks. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Program Officer for PMI Impact Malaria.
The position will form part of a global backstopping team based in DC and will be expected to interact regularly with the project field offices, as well as other departments in Washington including Contracts, Finance, and Procurement. The ideal candidate is someone who will pro-actively meet administrative needs, can juggle multiple, competing priorities, and will enthusiastically ensure smooth and timely flow of work.
- The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the IM team in DC and overseas.
- Provide dynamic and proactive administrative support to the project team;
- Ensure full compliance of financial and administrative components of the IM project;
- Supporting administrative preparation for key project presentations, conferences, meetings and retreats;
- Assisting with the agenda preparation, meeting set up and note taking for routine internal project meetings;
- Assisting with domestic and international travel arrangements including expense report preparation, hotel reservations, visa applications, travel concurrence requests, drafting necessary invitation letters and arranging meeting schedules for international staff visiting DC;
- Monitor internal report management systems and tools.
- Manage requisitions for procurements and consultant contracts.
- Assisting in creation and updating of communications materials, including one pagers and presentations;
- Assisting in review and editing of project workplans and reports;
- Responding to internal/external requests for information;
- Responsible for coordinating the management and maintenance of the project SharePoint page, Teams site and internal calendar;
- Provide administrative and financial management support to the project, including assisting with reporting, correcting biodata forms and preparation and tracking of budgets;
- Assist with review and payment of invoices and drafting of consultant contracts;
- Support onboarding of new project staff and train all team members in PSI processes and procedures;
- Connect team members to resources in headquarters and at the country level; and
- Fulfill other programmatic, financial, and administrative functions as required.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
- Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
- Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
- Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
- Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years working experience, with preference for at least one year’s experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- Experience living outside the United States and in multicultural environments preferred
- Advanced computer skills with strong Excel and SharePoint skills (and including MS Office applications)
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with strong attention to detail and timeliness
- Proven ability to develop routines to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently
- Readiness to interact with a variety of people and assume diverse duties and tasks
- English fluency and French proficiency required
- References will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.