American Bar Association, Hong Kong, China
Closing Date for Applications:
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks candidates to fill a part-time Program Coordinator position based in Hong Kong. The Program Coordinator will assist with program management, implementation, evaluation, and oversight of strategic and financial aspects of our Hong Kong program. The Program Coordinator will monitor and assist program partners and other actors to ensure that activities are on track, including participating in and providing technical assistance to program activities.
The ideal candidate will be capable of developing and maintaining effective communications and a cooperative working relationship with program partners and other stakeholders, identifying new partnerships and other opportunities, and actively participating in coordination meetings and technical activities.
- Assists with day-to-day management of assigned programs and helps ensure that programmatic requirements are being met/exceeded according to ABA, ROLI, and grantor requirements.
- Assists with managing/assisting volunteer legal specialists and consultants, and convening, organizing and participating in training opportunities within the host country; provides technical assistance to subgrant partners as appropriate.
- Establishes and enhances effective collaboration and relationships with local entities and other development partners (e.g., local bar association, law schools, NGO’s, governmental agencies, etc.) to fulfill program objectives within cost constraints.
- Maintains proactive communications with headquarters-based ROLI program staff to ensure timely and accurate updates on programs’ activities, achievements, and shortcomings.
- Collaborates with D.C.-based staff and local authorities to ensure that all programs and operations are compliant with all local laws/regulations and, if required, have received all regulatory licensing/registrations prior to offering the programs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Possession of a law degree or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least 5 years of experience in program management or business operations which must have included international experience.
- Previous experience in implementing international donor-supported programs.
- Minimum of five-years of experience working on programs related to legal or policy reforms, legal aid service provision, and/or other areas related to rule of law and good governance.
- Experience with program implementation and/or monitoring and evaluation of program activities.
- Previous experience overseeing projects with multiple partners from the NGO and government sectors in Hong Kong.
- Fluency in English in order to meet the technical and managerial requirements of the program and donor requirements. Fluency in both written and spoken Chinese (Cantonese).
- Familiarity with the Hong Kong legal system, as well as the current political, economic, and socio-cultural context in Hong Kong.
- Previous experience working for an association, NGO, or other not-for-profit entity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.