Action Contre la Faim, Monrovia, Liberia
Closing Date for Applications:
work environment :
Action Against Hunger has been working in Liberia since 1991 with the purpose to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people, at first during the emergencies and then in a more development setting, until the 2014 Ebola outbreak and the emergency it generated in the country. AAH interventions in Liberia aim at improving the nutrition security of the population, with particular focus on children under-five and pregnant and lactating women. AAH aims at doing so by implementing multi-sectorial programs, which encompass direct nutrition intervention and prevention activities to address the underlining causes of undernutrition, i.e. poor health, food insecurity, poor care practices, and poor access to water and sanitation. AAH also has an integrated advocacy strategy in the mission that cuts across all the sectors.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting an Emergency Program Coordinator for an anticipated COVID-19 response program in Liberia. The position will be based in the capital Monrovia with frequent travel to the program areas.
The position :
- As an emergency program coordinator,
- You will be in charge of the overall program management, technical guidance and coordination with the Ministry of Health at various levels (National and counties).
- You will work closely with the different incident management pillars, the national task force and the county health authorities in the planning, implementing and monitoring of the emergency response.
- You will work with the program national partners, the implementing healthcare providers, the different pillar teams to support the day-to-day delivery of the program activities.
- You are responsible for the program staff management, training and motivating in building a high performance team.
- You will recruit replacement at national level and ensure proper handover, integration and capacity building.
- You hold a Master’s degree in Public Health or related field
- You have more than 5 years professional experience in implementing health programs in a humanitarian or development context.
- You have a minimum 3 year professional experience within a coordination or senior management team and an experience working in an emergency humanitarian context
- You have strong leadership, managerial and capacity building skills.
- You are familiar with donor's regulation and policies
- You have strong leadership and coordination skills and strong verbal, written and communication skills ; approachable, diplomatic, able to maintain confidentiality, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- You are able to take initiatives, to do multi-tasking and prioritise
- You have Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- If you have an experience working with/through local partners it would be considered as a plus
- You are proficiency in MS Office
- You have an experience in coaching and team building