Program Coordinator, GHPOD II
Social Impact, Arlington, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Program Coordinator is a member of the USAID-funded Global Health Professional and Organizational Development II Program (GHPOD II) team which is based out of the GHPOD II office in Crystal City, VA. This position may include international travel.
- Provide logistical and technical support to project activities, professional and organizational development facilitation, and large-scale multi-sectoral events.
- Work with the Team Lead, contributes to developing assignment reports, materials for large events and technical documents. Edit, and format course materials, course descriptions, documents, and reports.
- Arrange travel, hotels, visas and other necessary preparations for traveling team members.
- Onboard independent consultants; manage the consultant agreement and invoicing processes, ensure biodata information is accurate and up-to-date. Ensure that consultants comply with administrative procedures.
- Initiate and facilitate procurement process ensuring that procurements are done in accordance with Social Impact’s procurement policies, including developing RPF/RFQ, selecting procurement committee members, sourcing bids, facilitating process and selection, writing the justification memo.
- Provide technical support such as administering and analyzing surveys for assignments, synthesizing notes and decisions from assignments, assisting with planning, design, and implementation of events, developing event registration platforms and websites, and other support services.
- Monitor and review assignment budgets and deliverables; serve as field manager of assignment budgets.
- Engage in relationship management with client and consultants on consulting contract, logistical, and coordination-related issues.
- Assist Training Event Specialists with tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, health, or related subject.
- Minimum five (5) years of work or internship experience, preferably related to international development.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Previous financial management experience.
- International work, study, or cross-cultural experience.
- Event planning and management experience.
- Basic website and/or mobile app management and design.
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with database management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.