Program Development and Grants Management Intern
Relief International , Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
RI is seeking for a motivated person to support across the RI program portfolio in Jordan. The Programme Development and Grants Management Intern will be responsible to support the Programme Team in the development of high quality and timely proposals and donor reports as well as supporting on specific grants management tasks (e.g. coordinate grants reviews, project kick offs, close outs, etc). The Programme Development and Grants Management Intern will ensure that information and data from the RI country office is captured, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner for donors and internal purposes for RI. This includes, but is not limited to, support in the coordination of proposals and reports, editing and English language review, organizing grants review meetings and project kick offs.
- Support the Programme Director in the coordination of proposal development process by creating proposal calendars, following up with all relevant staff members to receive timely inputs;
- Act as focal point for coordination with Regional and HQ Offices during the proposal development process;
- Support the Programme Director and Grants Manager in donor and opportunities mapping;
- Other duties as needed to support Grants Management task
Reporting and Grants Management:
- Coordinate the reporting processes with internal teams, allocating clear timelines and inputs from focal points;
- Maintain up to date Reporting Tracker and share regularly with all teams;
- Provide high-quality editing and formatting for program related documents intended for external audiences, including but not limited to assessment reports, communication materials, sit reps, and donor reports;
- Take meeting minutes and summarize action plans, before validation by line manager;
- Maintain and update the program documentation archiving system in collaboration with other departments;
- Support program staff in organizing and managing grants review meetings, project kickoff and close out, workshops or trainings as required;
- Other duties as needed to support Grants Management task.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelors (Masters preferred) in International Development, Middle East Studies, Social Sciences or related field in alignment with the relief and development sectors;
- Some experiences in report writing, proposal development and program experience in the INGO/humanitarian field is a plus;
- Familiarity with regulations, rules and guidelines of key institutional donors is desirable; OR a strong ability to learn fast.
- Experience in communication, reporting, documentation, publication in relation to the INGO/humanitarian sector is desirable;
- Work experience or strong demonstrated interest in the Middle East;
- Excellent written and spoken English skills with advanced proofreading and copyediting skills is a must;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
- Sociable with a good sense of humor;
- Ability to adapt to different cultures;
- Curious and eager to learn.