Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI has over 10 years of operational experience in Bangladesh. Using local expertise and resources, RI has worked to build the capacity of communities through the use of innovative education and health programs, human rights and preventing human trafficking work, livelihood training, small business development, environment and climate change initiatives, and eco-tourism services. Through our activities, RI has forged lasting partnerships with national organizations, which allow for marginalized communities to have access to sustainable support.
The PD Associate is responsible for making substantial contributions to new program development. He/She will regularly liaise with donors and partners, write proposals, concept notes, in collaboration with the Bangladesh Country team, and undertake research to support the Bangladesh office in expanding their portfolio into new and existing thematic sectors.
The PD Associate works in close coordination with the Country Director and other members of the Senior Management Team and Asia Regional Field Office. The candidate must have previous program development and/or program coordination experience and excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Program Development and Partnership Engagement
- Develop strategy for expansion of program into new areas and sectors
- Seek out new partners and donors in selected project areas
- Represent RI in partner meetings, INGO Forum, Emergency Sub Committee Meeting of INGOs, conferences, and other events
- Through networking, identify as early as possible future funding opportunities
- Support Country Director and Regional Program Development Manager in a variety of tasks including tracking and identifying new funding sources and donor trends to support RI’s programs; leading proposal and budget development; and developing pre-positioning plans on upcoming priority proposals
- In coordination with Country Director, lead needs assessments in new sectors/communities to inform project design, proposals, partners and donors
- Lead the development and submission of proposals supporting RI’s programs in the area of long term development (ie RFPs, RFAs) and emergency response (ie START Fund)
- Continually review other implementing organizations’ activities to identify gap areas, overlap and potential synergies
- Support implementation of RI’s Bangladesh strategy by developing marketing materials such as country profiles, technical sector capacity statements, success stories, case studies, assessment reports, etc.
- Train key staff in proposal development including design of logical frameworks, M&E framework, and budgeting for proposals
- Contribute technically to development of RI’s four core Centers of Excellence (Economic Development, Education, Health, WASH)
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline: development studies, project management, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of program development / project management experience in the international relief and development field
- Experience with donors such as EU, ECHO, USAID, UN and DFID in terms of proposal writing and project implementation
- Proven successful experience in program design and proposal writing
- Excellent networking skills and ability to lead donor and partner meetings on behalf of RI and negotiate partnering agreements for program development initiatives
- Working knowledge of budget monitoring and preparation of proposal budgets
- Experience designing needs assessments, M&E plans, logical frameworks, and work plans
- Strong writing, editing, and basic graphic design skills
- Technical working knowledge of RI’s core technical areas (health, education, economic opportunity, WASH) and cross-cutting areas of gender, environment, DRR, climate change, resilience, and emergency response a plus
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Independent worker able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience in staff capacity building and training a plus
- Native level English proficiency
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation