Program Development Officer
CARE , Ottawa, Canada
Closing Date for Applications:
As part of the Partnership for Global Change team, CARE Canada’s Program Innovation and Strategic Partnerships Unit:
- Assumes all mandates in the organization that directly mobilize financial resources for CARE’s mission whether it be through institutional or private sources.
- This includes a strong partnership approach in the design of new programs and innovative solutions, including a much higher engagement with country offices.
- This also includes traditional program funding through the Canadian government and multilaterals as well as private donor fundraising and private sector engagement.
- The unit is also responsible for ensuring that CARE Canada is at the leading edge of innovation and non-traditional programming by housing program technical expertise and business development experts that, together with the executive office, are regularly tracking the evolving nature of INGOs and the critical role they will continue to play in fighting global poverty and injustice.
- Finally, this unit will begin to explore what role CARE Canada can play in applying decades of international experience to the Canadian context.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager, Program Development ), the Program Development Officer will provide support to the Senior Managers, Program Development, and the Senior Director of Program Innovation and Strategic Partnerships. He/she will also work in close collaboration with Senior Program Managers, Finance Officers, Technical Advisors and other Program Managers/Officers as part of a team responsible for building and maintaining partnerships and securing funding anywhere that CARE has (or would like to have) a presence and to ensure strong alignment of new programs to the CARE International Program Strategy, with a particular focus on ensuring gender transformative and innovative program design in both humanitarian and development programming.
What you offer:
- A minimum of 2-4 years developing and/or managing international development and humanitarian projects and programming
- A knowledge of financial program management
- A knowledge of development and humanitarian issues in low and middle income countries
- A knowledge of basic gender equality concepts
- Familiarity with climate change, women’s economic empowerment, health, nutrition, humanitarian, and/or food security programming
- Working knowledge of MS Office is essential
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and French
What would make you extraordinary (Assets)?
- 1-2 years of field experience working overseas, in a development and/or humanitarian context
- Experience with Results-Based Management tools and familiarity with donors, particularly Global Affairs Canada.
- Experience working with the Private Sector in a development context
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure;
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services;
- Learning and Development opportunities, and specialised training;
- Flexible work hours and a work from home policy;
- A family and dog-friendly environment;
- Free parking; transportation routes, central location which is close to popular amenities;
- Business casual four days per week, Jeans Fridays;
- Onsite BBQ and shower facilities;