Action Against Hunger, Mogadishu, Somalia
Closing Date for Applications:
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Coordinate technical country strategy and support provision of operational management and integration of all technical areas.
- Provides strategic direction and support to the Technical Coordinators, PM's and support the Field Co in ensuring the effective delivery of program activities and the successful integration of activities with all other aspects of Action Against Hunger programming.
- Oversee the quality implementation of ongoing programming based on robust grant management, monitoring and evaluation systems and the facilitation of Technical Department.
- Ensure that funding for programming is spent in a coherent, transparent and optimal way.
- Lead proposal preparation through a needs based approach and ensure all departments work together.
- Ensure that all programs are compliant with donor protocols and reports are submitted on time.
- Ensure the overall planning and follow-up of technical reporting for donors, authorities and internal requirements (Activity Progress Reports) in coordination with the support departments.
- Develop and ensure that sector operating plans are in place in liaison with the technical coordinators, ensuring integration amongst the various sectors.
- Identify and evaluate potential partners and partnerships at country level. Lead the due diligence process to assess potential partners capacity and document capacity building needed.
- Ensure Action Against Hunger is represented at relevant and appropriate forums in Somalia in liaison with the technical coordination team and information shared accordingly.
- Coordinate closely with Finance, Log, HR and Field Managers to ensure that security, procurement, HR and financial protocols are designed to support quality programming.
- Lead on the development and roll-out of new and more effective systems to improve program implementation.
- Maintain an up to date database of all grants managed by the country.
- Supervise of externally hired consultants for any program matters.
You’re an experienced humanitarian professional
- You have a Bachelor of Arts or Science in related International Relations/Affairs, Humanitarian Affairs, International Development, Public Health, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Demographics or related field.
- You have advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures (ECHO, DFID, OFDA, FFP etc).
- You have at least 3 years work experience in similar setting and responsibility.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation as well as Project Cycle Management.
- You have proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
- You are highly organized & pays attention to small details.
- You are passionate about finding creative solutions & innovative approaches to long-standing & critical problems.
- You have excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload, diverse tasks and responsibilities, and also work calmly under pressure.
- You are self-disciplined and can work autonomously making decisions with minimal guidance.
- Your leadership style reinforces trust within your team.
- You have excellent reporting and proposal writing experience.
- You have good diplomatic and negotiation skills.
- You are fluent in English.
- Advanced Masters Degree
- Experience working in insecurity environments.
- Previous experience as a Field Coordinator.