Program Graduate Intern
FHI 360, Harare, Zimbabwe
Closing Date for Applications:
Summary of Basic Function
The Program Graduate Intern, will report to the Project Officer and supports him/her to manage project operations, administration, finances, and logistics. The Graduate Intern ensures program filing-both hard and soft copies of program documents, reports, MoUs, Contracts and other important program documents). Must have good records maintenance skills. The Graduate intern familiarizes him/herself with FHI 360’s operations and support the PO to process and track program procurements. The Graduate Interns support the PO to organize the DREAMS Project meetings with national and districts staff, sub-partners and stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide programme and administrative support to the programme team in the preparation of various programme documents, such as work plans, budgets, reports and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the programme unit.
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required.
- Assist the programme team in reviewing and preparing documentation on the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking. .
- Provide administrative support to the programme team in the organization of events, meetings and workshops, etc.
- Make travel arrangements for the programme team and project staff, including preparation of travel requisitions and claims.
- Draft non-substantive correspondence.
- Maintain and organize up-to-date hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval. Ensure safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Create and maintain files of correspondence/documents and electronically received information, and ensure up-to- date filing. Maintain both hard copies and electronic copies of the office records and reference files on various subjects.
- Prepare presentation material/slides in Power-point for presentations for the meetings/workshops and keep all papers ready for meetings.
Entry qualifications and experience
- Recent graduate holding a degree in Public Health
- 1 year related experience in a similar organisation
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and projects to meet deadlines;
- Work related learning experience in an INGO or developmental sector is required
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Windows/Office environment;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.