Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries.
In ACTED HQ in Paris, some 60 people are dedicated to provide operational support to the projects implemented in our coutries of intervention.
You will be in charge of
You will support Acted’s Director of Programmes in numerous aspects of his functions, and the general activity of the department. In particular, you will have the following activities:
- Collect and analyze lessons learnt and best practices form field operations in order to promote active learning and improve program quality and effectiveness
- Assist in the preparation of program technical guidance notes, including translation (French – English), editing, proof-reading, and formatting
- Conduct background research, review latest publications and write synthesis reports for field teams so that the information can be used to bring innovation into program design and implementation
- Assist the Program Director in identifying new opportunities for program development
- Maintain and update the program section on the server and the ACTED intranet
- Draft general correspondence and responses to enquiries and field requests for information
- When required, represent the Director of Programmes at meetings and workshops
Expected skills and qualifications
- BA Degree in international development or similar field
- Previous experience in the field in countries of the South
- Results, detail-orientation, and the ability to work with a sense of urgency in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- Ability to work independently in a range of environments and situations
- Well-organised, with good planning and problem-solving abilities
- Flexible, quick-thinking, and ability to remain calm and positive in response to the challenges of work
- Skills in data collection, management and/or analysis
- Fluency in both French and English languages
- Monthly salary (legal minimum amount) : 577.50€ nets
- Food Vouchers (7.70€)
- 50% of transportation costs taken in charge