Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitabil ity to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
To support Pathways MEARL Unit in managing data and information from monitoring of program activities towards achieving outcomes, a Program Management Information System (PMIS) will be developed. The PMIS will serve as the central repository system of Activity, Output and Outcomes data and information for learning, reporting, use in decision making, generation and dissemination of information for communications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Child Protection: Level 1
The responsibilities of the project employees do not involve direct contact and working with children or young people.
Under the supervision of the MEARL Lead and with technical guidance from the Information Systems Adviser, the key responsibilities of the position include:
- Development of User Requirement Specifications (URS) for the Pathways Program Management Information System (PMIS), with consideration of potential linkages with MBHTE’s information systems;
- Prepare system development and implementation plan with investment requirement for management approval before actual system construction
- Design and development of a web-based PMIS according to the system requirements defined in the URS which could include:
- Planning- data entry and notifications
- Monitoring- data entry, export in various formats
- Reporting- geographical view (regional, division and school levels), outcome-based, activity-based reports, graphs and ad-hoc custom report capability
- Outcome-based dashboards that cumulate data, for easy-data visualization, highlighting projects and activities that require attention
- Accountability – target versus planned number of participants, and budget
- Learning- key program updates featuring images, lessons learned, case studies and narratives
- Generating empirical analysis, data mining and visualization to assist Pathways leadership team and its partners to develop reports and working papers on a range of education-related topic
- Conduct user testing, acceptance testing and user training in collaboration with MEARL Team;
- Define required hardware and software requirements for system implementation in collaboration with ICT support team;
- Install, deploy and manage system during implementation, ensuring that system is highly accessible, available and performing according to agreed service standards;
- Prepare necessary documentation/manuals (Functional & Technical Design, User Manual, Operations Manual, etc.) including recommended approaches to data build-up and data/system security;
- Identify and promote improvements to local processes which includes but is not limited to ensuring that communication between MEARL, Programs and other users of the PMIS is effective and clear;
- Transfer necessary knowledge and technology to MEARL Team, ensuring that capacity for system administration and continuous improvement is established internally; and
- Undertake other assigned PMIS-related tasks as may be required.
The PMIS Specialist should possess the following qualifications, experience, skills and competencies:
- In-depth experience in system development and programming both in web-based and client/server environment including application and data security;
- Experience and strong knowledge in database management system including database design, data manipulation and administration and different application program interfaces supporting tablet functionality; preferably development work-related;
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills;
- Can work with minimum supervision and can deliver on deadlines;
- Experience working in BARMM and understands cultural sensitivities in the region;
- A high level of integrity, initiative, adaptability, and ability to perform in a high-pressure environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others particularly in a cross-cultural and fragile environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively and with good technical writing skills;
- Ability to explain PMIS technical concepts in in a usable understandable manner;
- Willing to be based in Cotabato City and to travel to other provinces in BARMM.