Program Manager – Accelerating Incomes (AI)
Heifer International, Andhra Pradesh, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
Heifer International is a global non-profit working to end hunger and poverty and care for the Earth by using sustainable practices and engaging smallholder farmers in agricultural development. Heifer was founded on the simple belief that ending hunger begins with giving people the means to feed themselves, generate income and achieve sustainable livelihoods.
Position: Program Manager – Accelerating Incomes (AI)
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Program Management (30%)
- Provide Program Management based on PMD-Pro Guidelines balancing time, budget, and scope.
- Implement the project based on Heifer’s approach and model.
- Conduct economic and value chain analysis.
- Promote FPO establishment and strengthening through market hubs.
- Mobilize capital and technical deployment in the project
- Lead collaborative learning and adaptation.
- Project management structure is established by supporting in recruitment of project staff and giving them project orientation.
- Support bi-annual and annual team performance review of the project team.
- Project planning at regular intervals and different levels, quarterly plans and monthly plans will be maintained at the Project Management Committee (PMC) and Project Partner (PP) levels.
- Periodic and timely review of budgets and forecasting of all approved project work plans undertaken and shared with headquarters.
- Inclusive market system is developed from production level to markets.
- Development and testing of different economic models for closing the Living Income Gap of farmers.
- Value chain production models developed and established for different categories of farmers
- FPO management and governance strengthened by regular training, meeting, and grooming.
- Entrepreneurship development among farmers, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and Community Agro-Vet Entrepreneurs (CAVEs).
- Seek opportunities for capital/credit linkages for farmers, service providers (i.e. CAVEs), and FPOs.
- Raising and tracking Catalytic Leverage Fund for the project.
- Communication within the organization at different levels.
- Communication with media, local and state-level stakeholder
- Develop and document lessons learned and experiences for dissemination and sharing to inform future project development.
- Strengthen the social capital of Self-Help Groups (SHGs), Farmer-Owned Agri-Businesses (FOABs) and other project stakeholders (30%)
- Heifer’s Values-Based Holistic Community Development (VBHCD) model, personal leadership development, and women empowerment are established in the project.
- Preparation of information, education & communication (IEC) materials, Social Capital content and modules for the project.
- Monitoring of program implementation progress with respect to training & social capital and providing input where necessary.
- Leading and organizing various events and trainings such as Heifer’s Cornerstones Training, Participatory Self Review and Planning (PSRP), Gender and Justice, Group Management, and Personal Leadership Development to build social capital.
Project Partner and FPO Management (20%)
- Evaluate all support in the execution of Letters of Agreement (LOAs) between project holders, Heifer India, and Heifer HQ.
- Ensure compliance and finalize regular quarterly, semi-annual and annual programmatic and financial reports from PPs and FPOs.
- Regular assessment, staffing, budget, and accounting at the project partner level.
- Timely Reporting will be given emphasis, with timely collection and reporting from partner and FPO level.
- Triadic partnership model established among the Heifer team, project community and PPs for transparent and efficient working.
- Integration of HQ requirements (reporting, financial, operational etc.) into PP’s management and implementation system
- Partner risk management done, and risk register maintained and shared with CPO on a regular basis.
Relationship management with stakeholders (15%)
- Networking with like-minded agencies and govt. line departments by organizing and attending state or district level meetings and workshops.
- Key Stakeholder mapping and regular meeting with them.
- Collaboration with local government and non-government bodies as well as the convergence of project activities.
- Local, district, and state level stakeholders involved in project implementation and monitoring through establishment of Project Implementation and Monitoring Committees (PIMCs).
May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
Deliverables based on duties assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Rural Development, Social Work, or other relevant qualification.
- Five years of relevant experience in program management, extension, and community development work.
- Five (5) years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Knowledgeable of and experience related to training and adult learning methodologies.
- Expertise in making training and Information Education and Communication materials.
- Thorough understanding of programming processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support to staff working at community level.
- Solid skill, knowledge, and foundation in proposal development and of the project management cycle.
- Sound understanding of value chain development on various agricultural commodities and the livestock sector.
- Sound understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of the root causes of poverty in India.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning processes.