About The Organization:
The journey of Saahas began in 2001 with registration under the Societies Act. Wilma Rodrigues, a formal journalist, founded Saahas to promote waste management practices in alignment with the very progressive Municipal Solid Wastes (Management and Handling) Rules, 2000. Headquartered in Bangalore, we have since grown and are now operational in Gurugram, Surat, Chennai, Hubbelli and Ballari. Over the years, Saahas has been innovating, incubating and propagating waste management programs focused on two key principles of “Segregation at Source” and “Decentralized Waste Management”.
Role: The role of the Program Manager is to oversee the day-to-day management, quality assurance and reporting requirements of the project(s). The Program Manager will directly supervise a team of Project Coordinators and will be reporting into Program Director.
- Plan delivery of the project in accordance with the goals and objectives of the program.
- Design, establish and manage appropriate project monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Guide, monitor and provide regular feedback to various Project Coordinators to ensure smooth delivery.
- Develop suitable measures and metrics to assess the project progress and performance of the team members.
- Write reports and manage client/partner communication for the program.
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures and ensure financial discipline.
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the Program Director on a regular basis (monthly).
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- In consultation with the Program Director, recruit, interview and select well qualified program staff as and when required.
- Communicate with clients/partners and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
- Enlist the cooperation and assistance of Government Departments, NGOs and other citizen initiatives wherever required, to ensure achievement of project objectives
Qualifications and Experience:
- About 10 years of experience in Development sector or Operations.
- Project Management experience, must have handled teams.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Project Management. Interest, experience and knowledge about sustainability and waste management issues.
- Good Communication Skills Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area.
- Proficiency in writing project reports and proposals and Comfortable in using computer for communication, computing and project management.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Hindi and English, knowledge of spoken Kannada and Tamil would be useful.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client/Partner Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients/partners to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.