Catholic Relief Services, Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
The Program Manager oversees the technical, financial, and administrative implementation of a BMZ-Caritas Germany-funded project totaling $4 million and entitled "Resilience Approaches for Integrated Development in Darfur (RAID)." The RAID project focuses on sustainably increasing food security and nutrition outcomes for 20,212 rural households in 15 selected villages of Mukjar and Um Dukhun localities of the Central Darfur state of Sudan. The Program Manager ensures effective systems and processes are in place that support high quality programming and that advance Catholic Relief Services' (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. The Program Manager enables the project, a three-year effort that began in September 2018, delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its integrated resiliency programming.
- Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight of the project within the Country Program resilience programming throughout the project cycle to ensure project implementation and close-out are in line with CRS quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Effectively manage talent, team dynamics, and staff well-being, including coaching, tailoring individual development plans, and completing performance management for direct reports.
- Lead the development of program learning, research and publications around integrated development and resilience programming, in line with CRS' MEAL policies, and facilitate the dissemination of promising practices and lessons learned to contribute to the agency knowledge management agenda.
- Contribute to the proactive pursuit of opportunities for new funding to ensure growth of the CP's integrated development and resilience sector portfolio in line with agency, regional, and CP strategic priorities, including serving as the technical lead, technical writer, proposal coordinator, or contributor on budget, staffing, and activities.
- Oversee the identification, assessment and strengthening of partnerships relevant to Integrated Development, Resilience, and Social Cohesion programming and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Ensure timely and appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Master's Degree in International Development, International Relations, or Community Development required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant field-based project management experience required, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in the area of community development, peacebuilding, livelihoods, and/or humanitarian response.
- Experience in managing moderately complex projects preferably with an international NGO.
- Good experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID, DFID, or other state-based agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals and reports.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations.
- MEAL skills and experience required.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions
- Strong attention to detail in accounting and reporting
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions- and results-oriented
- Required/Desired Languages: Fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing ability) required; Arabic and German speaking and reading capability will be an added plus.