Purpose of the Role:
The Bridge Program Manager will be responsible to oversee and coordinate programmatic implementation of OVCY, DREAMS and other program activities by implementing partners in Gauteng and KwaZulu Natal, in South Africa. The Bridge Program Manager will report to the Director - Bridge, in the FHI 360 Capacity Development and Support (CDS) project. He/ She will oversee the overall coordination, planning, implementation and monitoring of the Bridge project OVCY, DREAMS and other programmatic activities by local partners to ensure their deliverables are met timeously and accurately.
He/She will be responsible for representing CDS in all relevant Provincial and District stakeholder meetings, as well as relevant OVC, DREAMS, District Support Partner and Implementing Partner steering/planning meetings. In order to be successful in this role, the incumbents will be required to travel to the field from time to time to fulfill the requirements for effective implementation of CDS programmatic goals and OVC/DREAMS in Gauteng and KwaZulu Natal.
Implementing partner oversight, communication and coordination
- Coordinate timeous and quality deliverables from implementing partners in support of OVC and DREAMS programs.
- Coordinate, track and manage routine and ad hoc deliverables of CDS implementing partners.
- Coordinate, review and feedback on all implementing partner reports and deliverables.
- Advise Director (Bridge) and senior leadership on matters of concern and elements of risk regarding partner implementation and target achievement.
- Track work plan activities and deliverables, keeping senior leadership and CDS units updated on program progress on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Provide rapid bi-directional updates and communications between funders, CDS and implementation partners.
- Attend senior management team meetings and routine updates on issues, challenges and remedial actions.
Target tracking and progress review
- Provide support and technical assistance to implementing partners to achieve periodic and quarterly target benchmarks.
- Track, analyze and manage periodic target achievement on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Consolidate, analyze and share plans pertaining to routine trackers; reporting target achievements, challenges and remedial actions.
- Track appropriate implementation, documentation, tracking and reporting of routine 95-95-95 deliverables and outcome measurements by implementing partners.
- Work with the MER unit to review, evaluate and strengthen implementing partners' utilization and standardization of OVCY case management systems and processes.
- Routinely track, review and report on completeness of beneficiary folders, quality assurance and data validation procedures.
- Support MER unit to provide technical assistance to implementing partners to have all beneficiary data and services captured correctly and rapidly.
- Track and provide technical assistance to implementing partners to ensure all evidence -based curricula are implemented timeously, sufficiently and to acceptable, high standards.
- Coordinate all reviews, attendance, progress and quality assurance of deliverables in support of implementing partner achievements and routine sign-off of program implementation.
Coordinate implementing partner support
- Coordinate, develop and maintain high quality program documents, e.g. trackers, workplans, agendas, minutes of meetings, training reports, etc.
- Coordinate capacity building, technical assistance and other support for implementing partners.
- Support all implementing partners to receive optimal and rapid technical assistance and guidance to implement high quality programs and achieve routine target expectations.
- Coordinate implementing partners on-site support and technical assistance to review progress, learn best practices, identify issues, challenges and strengthen program tracking and deliverables.
- Coordinate and manage partner assessments, meetings and planning for CDS activities.
- Document challenges, best practices and success stories in the implementation of DREAMS, OVC and other program activities.
- Administer client satisfaction survey on regular basis.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual narrative progress reports.
- Supervise, manage, mentor and track performance of direct reports to implement program expectations of the Bridge project.
- Participate, engage and report on OVC, DREAMS and other partner coordination task teams, meetings and workshops.
- Participate, engage and report on DSD, DoH, funder coordination and other relevant program coordination meetings.
- Ensure smooth implementation and coordination with district and sub-districts and build partnerships with government stakeholders and developmental partners on the provinces.
- Represent the Bridge Director at provincial, district and sub-district partner meetings and provide program progress reports.
- Facilitate and maintain collaborative relationships among all implementing partners.
- Degree or diploma in health-related field, social or community work.
- At least 8 years' experience and knowledge in HIV/AIDS issues and program coordination in community and health sector environments.
- Proven experience in OVC/DREAMS and PEPFAR funded environment.
- Proven experience in the management and capacity development of implementing partners.
- Excellent report writing, presentation and administrative skills.
- Excellent time management and client coordination skills.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of IT skills (e-mail, Internet, Ms Word, etc.)
- Fluent in any local language and English.
- Valid driver's license.