Ipas, Kinshasa, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
The Program Manager at Ipas DRC will work at a national level to provide technical and managerial leadership for the DRC program under the direction of the Country Representative.
This Program Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies and work plans to ensure that program goals and objectives are met. This includes providing strategic inputs for annual work plans, proposal development, analysis of programmatic results, identification and resolution of challenges and program performance, application of lessons learned and best practices to improve program performance, donor reporting, financial monitoring, and personnel management.
In addition, the Program Manager works with in-country counterparts to ensure successful implementation of work plans. The Program Manager will oversee the Health Systems, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Community and Youth engagement functions providing technical support and programmatic guidance to each.
- Responsible for managing the execution of programmatic work, ensuring high-quality project implementation and achievement of objectives
- Contributes to new program design and strategy integrating lessons learned and best practices, and ensuring alignment with Ipas mission, values, and strategic plan
- Provides technical and programmatic inputs into the development of annual country work plans and budgets and ensures spending according to plan
- Reviews quarterly budgets and expenditure reports and monitors activity budget spending to ensure financial planning is on track
- Adapt and implement organization-wide initiatives, systems, and policies; monitor for compliance with organizational policies
- Manage and support donor reporting process, including contributing to report documents and soliciting input from various project team members, ensuring quality and timely submission
- Conducts field visits to program sites in order to provide programmatic oversight and assistance
- Collaborates with operations/technical leads and the Country Representative in reference to allocation of resources, budgetary issues, and program results
- Leads and facilitates discussions during technical meetings for DRC team, and offers strategic and technical recommendations at quarterly review meetings, following up on issues as necessary.
- Interacts with National members of other units to meet their objectives, share progress of work, resolve problems, and find alternate workable strategies
- Liaises with headquarters Country Impact Team on implementation of program work plans, field-level challenges, budget review, and development of proposals and donor reports
- Supports the Country Representative to develop and maintain strong relationships with government officials, partners, and other key stakeholders at the national and state level
- Reports to the Country Representative in reference to special requests, strategic planning, and program results and progress
- Provides leadership, supervision, support, guidance, and constructive feedback to staff and consultants, including the development and tracking of annual performance objectives
- Manages the operation of a unit, section, or a major function and typically directs the activities of supervisory personnel and oversees the work of others who do not directly report to the position
- Works to position Ipas as a sector leader and strong partner
- Promotes a positive work culture, based on Ipas’s core values
- Shares learning and expertise with other country programs and the global Ipas network, including through occasional virtual or in-person technical assistance and training