The last best experience that anyone has anywhere becomes the minimum expectation for the experience they want everywhere. This is even more so the case in digital environments where the pace of change is accelerated, and the number of alternatives is greater. The need for digital strategy and planning from the perspective of Digital Program Management is essential to delivering outstanding customer experiences. We’re on a mission to create an engaging and supporter-centric digital eco-system that is compelling, intuitive, unique, and ultimately inspires Canadians to join us on the mission to do more for more children. Joining us on this mission, you are deeply passionate in ethically leveraging digital technology to do amazing, impactful, and purposeful work that makes a real and lasting difference in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children.
Working under the direction of the Digital Marketing & Media Portfolio Manager, the Program Manager plays a leadership role in the delivery of successful digital solutions based on annual objectives outlined by the organization. This includes supporting business growth and innovation at WVC. As a member of the Digital Marketing Portfolio Team, this position partners with Product Managers, Marketing Managers, Segment Managers, Campaign Managers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to lead strategy development, planning and implementation of programs containing multiple projects, tickets and operational requests.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plays a key leadership role in translating digital and technology requirements into prioritized program and project requirements.
- Responsible for overseeing multiple programs and related efforts to deliver growth resulting in real measurable business and customer benefits.
- Provide ground-up direction, input, and strategy used by Digital portfolio managers to formulate the larger portfolio strategy.
- In collaboration with the Product Manager role, will define and pursue the digital vision/roadmap across the customer-facing supporter/customer experience digital touchpoints.
- In partnership with the Product Manager(s) and other Program Managers, will introduce new digital products to the WVC ecosystem by analyzing proposed digital product experience requirements, digital product development programs; assessing return on investment, including associated risks; establishing and communicating prioritization.
Digital Roadmap Development and Management
- Manages a set of assigned digital products through the entire product management lifecycle, including the current set of WVC digital products, as well as any future additions to the portfolio.
- Direct vendor management (where applicable) and roadmap documentation of the digital product itself, as well as any associated projects/activities contributing to the significant milestones of the product, as outlined and adopted under the WVC Enterprise Portfolio system.
Business Stakeholder Management
- Partners with portfolio manager to engage respective Business Owners and related stakeholders to deliver real measurable business and customer benefits expected from the programs he/she manages.
- Works directly with stakeholders to manage all business-related dependencies and deliverables to execute on his / her programs and related projects. Program Managers can escalate priorities and business conflicts to portfolio managers and providing recommendations for resolution of the issues.
- Works with Project Managers (in Waterfall / PMI projects) and Product Owners / Scrum Masters (in Agile / Scrum / Scaled Agile Framework projects) to clearly define and manage all requirements (both business and technical) including business dependencies and deliverables.
- Works with Project Managers / Scrum Masters throughout the entire project lifecycle to ensure:
- Successful delivery of various projects contributing to the Program they are responsible for
- Continuous alignment on program / project priorities
- Program / project integration with other programs / projects managed by others,
- Communicating program changes to business stakeholders
- Successful achievement of program goals.
- Seeks to understand WVC organizational strategic goals, priorities and challenges (including Partnership initiatives).
- Helps to innovate and / or identify areas of improvement in their programs (i.e, Governance, Process, Procedures, Technology) and opportunities for efficiencies with integration of his/her program into other programs
Contribute to Support Activities
- Provides support to project or functional teams to ensure the smooth product / channel operations.
- Provides support to other areas in Marketing & Development on scoping new initiatives, providing subject matter expertise, investigating solution options, or other duties as assigned.
- Coaches and mentors team members as required.
- Responsible for managing vendors providing related product development, support, and other services (where relevant)
- Represents the Canadian National Office, as it relates to their area of expertise and role focus.
- Builds relationships with other global World Vision professionals, engages in knowledge sharing opportunities, and demonstrates Canadian leadership on global scale.
- University degree – Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Technology or similar discipline
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of project management of web development projects
- Demonstrated experience of digital strategy creation and solution planning
- 5+ years of relevant technology, digital marketing, and/or relevant digital project management experience
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, financial management, conflict management, change management and analytical skills
- Understanding of SAFe/Lean/Agile principles an asset
- Demonstrated experience of working in a matrix environment with competing stakeholder requirement
- Vendor management experience an asset (technology or services vendor).