CAMRIS International, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
CAMRIS seeks an HQ-based Program Manager (PM) to provide management support to implement US-based and overseas programs for CAMRIS International. In particular, this position supports the USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Project. The MEL Project supports achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) development objectives by assisting the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs. The PM works to ensure completion of key deliverables while adhering to budget, scope, and schedule requirements. S/he responds to client requests, oversees program progress and writes reports on program implementation for the donor and HQ leadership. S/he performs tasks with autonomy and good judgement. Additionally, s/he provides technical assistance in the capture, design, and drafting of new program proposals to generate new business. The PM reports to the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor.
- Provides overall program management and support to CAMRIS’ Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning project (NMEL) to fulfill the project’s technical goals and objectives.
- Maintains effective working relationships with USAID/Nepal and other US Government clients.
- Supports recruitment of project staff consistent with CAMRIS policies and position descriptions and USAID contract requirements.
- Supervises NMEL contract/grant invoicing and budget management alerting management to any issues.
- Develops/Reviews NMEL work plans, prepares presentations, coordinates travel arrangements and monitors program activities.
- Works to ensure prompt resolution of implementation problems.
- Adheres to CAMRIS policies and procedures and applies them consistently throughout programs.
- Reviews, edits and comments on NMEL project scopes of work, and all technical deliverables.
- Maintains all project materials, files, emails, and other relevant documentation.
- Coordinates with other partners to effectively manage programs.
- Travels to Nepal and other field projects, when necessary, to provide technical and operational support.
- Supports business development activities by , contributing to proposal development, capture planning, conceptualizing teaming, technical approaches, and cost strategies to maximize CAMRIS’ competitive advantage.
- Reports to the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred, in a related field with over three years of experience in project and/or staff management.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of USAID rules and regulations for contracts, cooperative agreements and/or grants under contract.
- Strong project management skills including experience with US Government funded projects.
- Knowledge of and commitment to international development issues and programming.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), learning and knowledge management..
- Experience analyzing and presenting quantitative and qualitative data preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software and ability to learn and use new software.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff. Excellent writing, and editing skills.
- Experience working overseas preferred.
- Language fluency in French or Spanish preferred.