About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Position Summary: The PM is a critical part of the NW Syria team, working closely with NW Syria Program Manager and other support departments. We are looking for a detail-oriented critical thinker who can track progress with individual projects, monitor operational and financial activities, contribute to building a comprehensive accountability platform and contribute to lessons learned and recommendations for program improvement. This position requires an individual who is accustomed to the pace of emergency response programming, does not require close supervision or direction, is flexible and highly responsive, and has excellent organizational skills ..
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support the development of a learning and research agenda across NW Syria
- Contribute to the design and implementation of monitoring activities (program, operational, financial) and develop program improvement plans
- Development of work plans and budget management in coordination with budget holders and NW Syria Program Manager
- Perform rigorous quantitative analysis that informs program/research design and provides insights on program performance and impact, in coordination with health coordinator and NW Syria program manager
- Develop visualizations, presentations and narrative briefs that summarize findings
- Evaluate activity progress, define performance indicators, structure operational data collection in coordination with M&E department and implement protocols for quality assurance
- Work closely with the accountability officer to ensure complaints response mechanism, is up to date and all issues are closely followed up
- Monitor level of project risk and the success of risk mitigation plans and report to NW Syria PM to identify areas of concern in advance and mitigate effectively
- Monitoring all levels of project cycle management and report to the project team to enable effective decision making by capturing detailed
- Ensure that SOPs are developed and are implemented in line with RI and donor procedures
- Ensure timely and quality reporting on project activities and progress on targets per set deadlines, and conduct regular on-track/off-track assessments with program team
Grants, Finance, and Operational responsibilities:
- Oversee development and implementation of procurement plans
- Coordinate with operations to follow up on procurement and report back to the program team on delays
- In coordination with budget holders/NW PM work on realistic and accurate spend down plans and regularly communicate any under-over spend and plan mitigation measures
- Coordinate with finance any updates to spend down plan
- Liaise with support departments to monitor risks and develop a log to measure improvements
- In coordination with the grants department, ensure the program is in compliance with RI and donor policies and procedures
Qualifications & requirements:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Master’s degree or equivalent years of experience in development studies, social sciences or related field;
- Minimum of three years professional experience leading, managing, and implementing emergency response programs, preferably in a conflict set;
- Demonstrated background and knowledge of major humanitarian donors particularly OFDA.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation and results-based management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
- Fluent English speaking and comprehension skills required and Arabic or Turkish language skills preferred;
- Strong English writing skills required;
- Demonstrated the ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently;
- Strong budgeting and budget monitoring skills including a high level of proficiency with MS Excel.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing a multicultural team, and a commitment to the capacity building?
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated experience of upholding humanitarian principles and actively engaging the most vulnerable communities. Committed to promoting RI’s focus on accountability, innovation and partnership building.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation