Program Manager, Solid Waste Management
Center For Applied Research And People’s Engagement, Maharashtra, India
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
Center For Applied Research And People’s Engagement (CARPE) is a social enterprise based in Aurangabad, Maharashtra. Civic Response Team (CRT) is our for-profit arm that administers and executes our private contracts. While Solid Waste Management has been our first area of focus, we have diversified with a focus on actionable research to assist in driving measurable social impact in various fields through Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Position: Program Manager, Solid Waste Management
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build the short-term, mid-term and long-term strategy for business growth and evolution of the SWM Vertical with the CEO,MD, COO & Director of Expansion ○ Prepare the team for scale across territories and standardize the business processes models across the spectrum of the SWM sector.
Administration, Operations and Communication
- Assist the CEO with financial projections and analyses of existing programs ○ Lead budgeting and resource allocation efforts for the SWM vertical
- Ensure proper and updated documentation of all SWM initiatives
- Oversee promotion and marketing of products and services
- Maintain regular formal communication with all project-related stakeholders ○ Ensure effective execution of all SWM projects in a time-bound manner ○ Adhere to donor reporting requirements
- Lead hiring for the SWM vertical with the HR and COO
- Lead the research and development initiatives for SWM
- Train the SWM team to enable them to ensure excellent delivery of the CARPE SWM services on field
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including, administrative and political heads of ULBs, current and potential donors/partners
- Represent CARPE at conferences, seminars and other public platforms ○ Ensure all program initiatives align with the company’s core values and culture
- Bachelor’s degree ( minimum) in a related field.
- 5 years of work experience with at least 2 years in SWM sector preferred
- Proven written, oral and client-facing communication skills
Key Skills Required:
- Advanced organizational leadership skills
- Technical knowledge of Solid Waste Management and the ecosystem
- Clear understanding of project finance & budgeting
- Motivated, self-driven, inspirational & ethical leader and team-player.
- Risk Management skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts and problem solve
- Working knowledge of Marathi language preferred
- Keen on making an impact in the SWM space with a vision for a sustainable future for India and the world.