Norwegian Refugee Council, Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The World Vision Syria Country Office, based in Jordan/Amman is seeking a qualified and highly motivated Program Officer to support the Grant Acquisition and Management team. Under the lead of the Senior Program Officer/ GAM Manager the PO will support in the planning funding, implementation, evaluation and reporting of respective program operations. This PO position will focus heavily on proposal coordination and design, as well as ensuring regular project reporting and donor compliance. It will also include donor/SO/partner engagement and information management.
- Coordinate project design, implementation, and evaluation with all relevant staff, using the defined processes.
- Develop concept papers and prepare proposals to major donors, in coordination with technical specialists, finance and procurement staff and SOs.
- Monitor funding status for each sector of the program to identify possible funding gaps and ensure smooth transitions from one grant to the next.
- Obtain funding for program’s unfunded sections by identifying grants.
- Prepare monthly, annual and end-of-project narrative reports, newsletters, situational reports and other reports as necessary.
- Link with the operations and finance departments to ensure the compiling/collating of major donor management reports.
- Monitor program's progress ensuring goals and objectives are achieved and non-financial grant requirements are adhered to.
- Ensure that program implementation is in line with the principles of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, SPHERE standards and relevant WV internal standards and policies.
- Provide program update to key WV support offices and the regional office.
- Support Grant Managers and DME to implement technical and managerial evaluations as required.
Partnership & External Relations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and information sharing with Support Office representatives.
- Participate in joint agency assessments, task-force teams, workshops, clusters, etc.
- Support the programs team to identify potential partners to work with and through in projects.
- Ensure alignment with WV’s established external engagement, GAM, partnering steps, and response strategies.
- Assist the Response Manager and Programme Manager with representation of WV and networking with NGOs and local donor delegations.
- Implement and regularly update pre-identified Management information systems incl., Sitreps beneficiary reporting, etc.
- Update and maintain HORIZON database
- Proactively gather information from relevant cluster partners, UN agencies and other organisations which may be of use world vision for informing decisions
- Provide information management services to support population data management activities including population estimation, information flows from established systems, movement tracking, standard-setting/promotion and dissemination.
- Strategy Development & Other Assist in annual operating plan preparation including: design, needs assessment, proposal writing, marketing, evaluation and reporting.
- Be aware of the emergency procedures in a response and ensure that necessary preparedness measures have been implemented
- Security Measures
- Be familiar with WV security plan
- Follow security policies, rules, procedures and instructions
- Follow WVI policies for prog/proj security management
- Represent WV in an appropriate and professional manner
- Contribute to a healthy team spirit and team work
- Adhere to WV Child Protection policy and standards and stay committed to WV vision statement and core values;
- Perform other relevant tasks assigned by the direct supervisor;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field. (Preferred)
- Experience in large scale humanitarian emergencies
- Understanding of project design and proposal writing.
- Basic understanding of the workings of major donors, such as USAID, UN, CIDA, Aus Aid etc.
- Good understanding of World Vision and Sphere relief standards, as well as the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to pursue thoroughness and appropriate attention to detail.
- Ability to express self clearly in all forms of writing.
- Ability to identify gaps, trends, priorities and key issues.
- Ability to describe key aspects and issues of relief, development and advocacy.
- Ability to maintain strong links with major NGO’s, donors and government agencies.
- Ability to explain WV’s work in relation to issues of poverty, power, justice and peace.
- Ability to respect and relate appropriately to people of other faiths.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to interpret and present information with influence and impact.
- Self-starter who can work independently under pressure
- Completed a recognised personal security course in the past 3 years
- Knowledge of WV’s field operations, either in the relief or development context.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina
- Ability to manage work life and work without supervision
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources