About RI: Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
Position Summary: The Program Officer will be an integral member of the Programs team in RI Bangladesh. The Officer will lead on program development and grants management across the RI Bangladesh portfolio, covering short and long-term projects in health, protection, food security, and disaster risk reduction. Reporting directly to the Senior Program Manager, the Program Officer will be responsible for tracking program development opportunities; leading proposal development processes; supporting grants life cycle management; advising on donor rules and regulations; maintaining grants-related information, managing and producing high-quality and timely program reports and donor updates; and developing internal and external communication materials.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Program Development and Design:
- The Program Officer will support the ongoing development of the RI Bangladesh Program Strategy and coordinate closely with senior management on potential opportunities for future programming.
- Lead the proposal development process for high-quality proposals, budgets and supporting annexes, working with key stakeholders (e.g. program technical teams, finance, operations)
- Work closely with Program Development (PD) and Grants and Contracts Unit (GCU) colleagues in Manila and Washington, D.C. to ensure coordination on proposal requirements
- Facilitate periodic program learning and design sessions for adaptive management and program development
Grants Life cycle Management:
- Support the program, finance and operations team throughout the entire grants life cycle:
- Ensure involvement of Program and Operations Departments throughout budget development, incorporating supply needs and staffing needs
- Work with teams to begin mobilization of projects prior to award signature
- Lead grant opening meetings, quarterly grant review meetings, and grant close out meetings in collaboration with the Finance Manager
- Coordinate the development of sub-grant agreements and any subsequent modifications;
- Monitor expenditures, conduct variance analysis in collaboration with Program and Finance teams, and support internal and external budget realignments as necessary
Reporting and Compliance:
- Support timely reporting and updates to donors, adhering to grant reporting deadlines
- Maintain knowledge of grant agreement language and regulations, serving as a knowledge resource on assigned donors and escalating questions where needed.
- Raise compliance issues proactively with senior management
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- University or Master’s Degree, with 3-5 years of experience working with an international NGO.
- Significant budget and proposal development experience
- Strong budget oversight / management experience. The candidate should be comfortable supporting with budget realignment and identifying the proper coding/classification of costs
- Experience with donors including UNHCR, PRM, UNICEF, USAID/OFDA
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive and has the ability and interest to identify and work with a multicultural team.