Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Under the supervision of the Area Manager, the Program Officer is responsible for elements of the activity development, implementation and close out components of the FURAT project. The Program Officer will work in close collaboration with the team inside Syria and in Berlin to assist in designing, developing, implementing and closing out project activities to further essential services in Eastern Syria. This role will be responsible for the timely development and technical implementation of all field activities with the main local partners and in accordance with project documents, an approved budget, and in conformity with Creative’s rules and procedures.
The Program Officer will assist with the development and technical implementation of field activities together with the main partners. This work will be done in accordance with Creative’s rules and procedures and within the budget allocated by the client.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Program Officer will be based in Berlin, Germany. The Program Officer will report to the Area Manager and work closely with the Berlin based Program Team and the Syria field team. The Program Officer will supervise no staff.
- In collaboration with project beneficiaries and program team, assist in the strategic design and development of project activities focusing on essential service provision in eastern Syria;
- Assist in drafting activity approval forms for Program Manager review prior to submission to Senior Management for client approval;
- Assist in the drafting the Fixed Amount Subaward (FAS) and neg memo, design of milestone deliverables for project activities and provide technical review and concurrence of milestone completion after activity award;
- In collaboration with the Area Manager, provide day to day technical oversight of activity portfolio of up to ten (10) activities, as needed, to ensure effective programmatic delivery that meets the objectives of each activity;
- In collaboration with the Area Manager, review all financial reporting to ensure all costs are allocable, allowable, and reasonable and that supporting documentation is complete;
- Contribute to weekly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting coordinating with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to ensure project specific objectives are met;
- Coordinate with procurement and operations team, as needed, to ensure effective project design and development of activities;
- Mentor up to six field staff to facilitate technical delivery of projects inside eastern Syria;
- Share highlights, success stories, lessons learned, and challenges provided by the SC, LC with M&E team for qualitative reporting;
- In collaboration with the Area Manager, Maintain complete and accurate activity files with minimal oversight;
- Maintain regular communications with the field staff and provide any political, military, and/or social changes to the program and M&E team;
- In collaboration with the Area Manager, draft the final report of all activities;
- Prepare close out checklist; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, required in relevant field;
- At least two (2) years’ experience of international professional experience in public outreach, civil society, or local governance;
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in designing components programming under donor regulations, preferably with the U.S. Government (USG);
- Experience in working on USG funded development/stabilization programming strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of regional conflict and political dynamics with a focus on the Syrian context strongly preferred;
- Fluency in Arabic language required. Proficiency in English language required; and
- Authorization to legally work in Germany.