The USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) project in Cambodia supports the Royal Government of Cambodia to continue its efforts to expand universal health coverage and reduce reliance on donor resources to fund the health sector.
Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a seven-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a consortium of partners, led by Palladium. In Cambodia, HP+ works to increase sustainable, predictable, and adequate financing for key health programs and to improve social health protection policy implementation. The project builds on the efforts of multiple USAID/Cambodia activities and assists the Royal Government of Cambodia to increase domestic resource mobilization for priority health areas and ensure the effective and efficient management of resources.
The Program Officer will support the Health and HIV policy Advisor in implementation of project activities. Position responsibilities include assisting and coordinating meetings and events, preparing key documents and products, and providing technical assistance for project activities. The Program Officer will also assist with data collection, data and policy analysis; produce/draft advocacy materials, technical reports briefs as required. She/he will perform other duties, as necessary.
The position is based in Phnom Penh.
- Assist in organizes and attends meetings and events with key stakeholders and project partners;
- Assists in the preparation of reports, presentations, and other communication products.
- Provides technical assistance on project activities and efforts, as needed;
- Coordinates project needs and developments, as necessary, under the supervision of the Country Director and/or Health and HIV Policy Advisor and in collaboration with other project staff
- Assist in research, data collection, policy formulation, training and capacity building efforts in support of contract/agreement activities and deliverables;
- Provide technical support to Grantee and ensure all processes are going well to meet required milestones/indicators.
- Document lesson learn and best practice of the project
- Translate documents from Khmer into English and vice versa, review Khmer translations of project documents;
- Undertakes and/or oversees related administrative tasks;
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field and commensurate work experience is required.
- Familiarity with current health policy issues in Cambodia, esp. HIV/AIDS, family planning, youth sexual and reproductive health, and health financing; experience working on these issues desired.
- Experiences with health related research, data collection and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Khmer and English
- Experience working with USAID and/or USAID partners desired
- Experience with USAID grants management a plus.
- Basic understanding the health systems in Cambodia,
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Cambodian national or Cambodia residents encouraged to apply