About the Organization:
SNEHA is a non-profit organisation that works with women, children and public health and safety systems. Their innovative work in urban informal settlements aims to reduce maternal and neonatal mortality and morbidity, child malnutrition and gender-based violence.
Position: Program Officer
About The Program
Since 2004, SNEHA has partnered with the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) to develop and refine a participatory approach based on the theory of Appreciative Inquiry (AI) that empowers health care personnel across various levels of the health care system to work together to strengthen maternal and neonatal health care at all levels (SNEHA model). After a successful rollout in Mumbai, SNEHA has been invited to scale its intervention to six adjacent municipal corporations in Maharashtra – Thane (TMC), Mira-Bhayander (MBMC), Kalyan-Dombivali (KDMC), Ulhasnagar, Bhiwandi and Vasai-Virar (VVMC), MCGM (Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai.
- Planning and implementing project activitiesin coordination with ProgramCoordinator (PC) and field team
- Building and sustaining effective rapport with different stakeholders including health facilities staff and community members.
- Planning large community mobilization events like campaigns with different creative ideas
- Planning and organizing trainings of the health post staff of different cadres (Medical Officers, Community Health Volunteers/Link Workers)
- Assisting PCs in planning trainings of maternity home and peripheral hospitalstaff
- Maintaining documentation related to all the activities and trainings
- Assisting PCs in collating data for periodic reports for funders, Municipal Corporation officials and for internal circulation
- Assisting PCs in arranging regional referral meetings
- Trouble shooting at the facility level and community level
- Capacity building of the community organizers, Health committees and linkworkers
- Planning and conducting regular meetings of the field staff
- Conducting periodic ANC clinic observation and feedback meetings with Health Post staff, Linkworkers and beneficiaries to plan the strategies to improve the access to health postservices
- Supporting PC in establishing referral linkages between HP and MaternityHome
- Maintaining and monitoring timesheets of field staff and ensuring monthly regular submission to HR& Administration
- Any other role assigned by the program
- These positions report to the Program Coordinator, and will be based in the Thane and MMRDAregions.
Educational qualification: Graduate degree
- At least 3 years’ work experience in the social sector
- Good command over English and Hindi
- Effective training and communication skills
- Self-driven and an eagerness to take initiative
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to manage change and diversity
- Enthusiasm for community engagement and networking
- Sound values and work ethics
- Familiarity with services provided by health facilities
- Experience in community mobilization.
- Negotiation skills.