FHI 360, Juba, South Sudan
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The program officer will be based in Juba, South Sudan and will provide overall support to a recently launched USAID project called Education for Peace, Recovery and Resilience (EPRR). EPRR is a three-year $55 million project that started in September 2020 and is scheduled to end in September 2023. FHI360 is the prime contractor for EPRR together with a consortium of 9 partners. This is a full-time position reporting to the Chief of Party.
- Provides technical assistance and support to programs.
- Collects, complies, and analyzes information relevant to programs.
- Provides administrative and project support, in addition to communication efforts related to program management and execution.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Monitors budget for programs and develops monitoring system for reviewing project status.
- Ensures completion of program while adhering to budget, scope, and schedule requirements.
- Develops/Reviews work plans, prepares presentations, and supports other related program objectives and deliverables.
- Provides support to program management such as troubleshooting, updates work plans, coordinates travel arrangements and monitors program activities.
- Tracks performance against Financial Cost Objective (FCO), project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables.
- Facilitates communication by answering partner inquires and monitoring project websites. Designs, implements, and coordinates specific program activities and may conduct research to achieve program goals.
- Works with the Chief of Party and assists with developing budgets, proposals, managing contracts, project materials, and information.
- Collects, complies and analyzes information relevant to the program.
- Develop communication materials such as success stories, fact sheets, reports, slides, presentations, etc. to effectively communicate the project to the internal and externa stakeholders.
- Develop and edit reports in English.
- Provides technical assistance and support to the program.
- Reviews and contributes to work plans for one or many programs.
- Documents and shares project accomplishments, challenges, and lessons learned among internal and external partners.
- Serves as the liaison for internal units, such as finance, contracts, centers, etc.
- Supports program/project teams administratively and technically to provide high quality deliverables to clients.
- Follow up with different FHI360 units to coordinate activities or to secure approvals.
Technical Skills and Learning
- Lets go of outdated processes and procedures, seeks out resources to enhance technical skills, and readily learns new industry processes, systems and products. Candidates are expected to possess or have high-potential for development of these three fundamental competencies.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with program design.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software.
- Ability to problem solve and recommend corrective action as needed.
- Strong organizational and attention detail needed to adhere to project deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience with USAID funded programs.
- Excellent understanding of the US Government rules and regulations.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Proven experience of writing and editing documents and reports in English.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization managing development projects.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office Suite preferred.