The position includes administrative and programmatic responsibilities. The candidate will be prepared to work on both aspects enthusiastically and efficiently. The substantive role, representing the office and conducting and managing research under supervision will focus on a broad variety of issues in the transitional justice field.
The position is full time. Subject to discussion, it may start on a part-time basis. The post will be offered subject to a probation period of one month.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Drafting policy briefing and short reports related to ICTJ programs;
- Carrying out research in fields related to transitional justice and international criminal justice;
- Supporting the Head of Office in carrying out ICTJ’s programs and activities in The Hague;
- Participating in seminars, conferences and meetings as relevant;
- Assisting the Head of Office and/or the Executive Director in conducting and managing research and analysis projects;
- Supporting the Head of office in carrying out policy initiatives and liaising with EU actors and institutions in Brussels;
- Assisting in developing grant and budget proposals in coordination with the Development and Finance departments;
- Assisting in managing projects, including by providing DME data and drafting interim and final reports, in coordination with the Development, DME and Finance departments;
- Preparing materials and logistics for public events, conferences, courses and meetings;
- Assisting in maintaining contacts with donors, government officials, national and international NGOs, IOs, academics, vendors, service providers and other agencies as necessary.
- Providing assistance in administrative, financial and fiscal matters related to the office in The Hague;
- Providing assistance in day to day running of the office.
- Reconciling bank accounts, paying monthly office bills, and assisting with other financial matters as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
This description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. While management will retain discretion on final decisions, every effort will be made to make this decision through a process of dialogue and consultation with the employee concerned.
The post is based in The Hague. It may involve travels to European capitals and beyond if deemed necessary.