About the Organization:
Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance.
Position: Program Officer, Hepatitis C
Hepatitis C (HCV) Program
The HCV program works on addressing barriers to access to essential diagnostic testing and treatment for HCV. The team works closely with various departments/divisions of Ministry of Health and other organizations to increase access to and accelerate uptake of new innovative drugs/diagnostics. Over the past few years, the program has been providing strategic and operational support both at the national level and at the state level in Punjab and Haryana. This support has spanned developing strategic and operational plans, designing monitoring and evaluation tools to monitor and measure program performance, and formulating screening strategies through identification of high-risk geographies and populations.
About the Position
CHAI is seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills to support the HCV program in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The candidate must be able to function independently and have a strong commitment to excellence. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Work in close coordination with the State Program officer, NVHCP and the National Health Mission, Madhya Pradesh.
- Provide strategic and analytical support to program work streams and identify high impact areas of intervention in Hepatitis (C/B) screening, diagnostics and treatment
- Monitor program implementation activities, including but not limited to, working with and engaging with government staff on programmatic activities
- Identify potential risks and challenges to the implementation plan and roll-out of activities; work towards addressing potential risks / mitigation mechanisms
- Support development of proposals, work plans, budgets and other reports and documents for ongoing and new areas
- Develop strong working relationships with and represent CHAI/WJCF as trust advisor to key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors, suppliers and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort
- Develop and maintain up-to-date expertise on Hepatitis treatment and diagnosis, supplier landscape, regulatory issues, treatment guidelines and market intelligence through rigorous research
- Support program management and leadership team with programmatic activities as required including, among others, formulation/implementation of strategic plans, assisting with surveys, development of training modules, job aids for training of lab technicians to conduct HCV/HBV testing and general clinicians for providing treatment to patients
- Assist with the creation/optimization of operational systems to support various interventions planned for increasing access to HCV diagnostics, quality and affordable treatment and monitoring response to treatment
- Provide assistance to the Manager in budgeting, forecasting, supply chain management, and overall health systems strengthening
- Support development and maintenance of high-quality data management systems; implement monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to measure impact
- Master's/Bachelor’s degree in management, economics, engineering, computer science, statistics, operations research, economics, public health or allied areas with 4-5 years’ work experience
- Experience working in public health organization OR management consulting, development sector or similar fast-paced, output-oriented environments OR pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device industry
- Exceptional analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and stakeholder management capabilities. Demonstrated ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information, especially clinical, scientific and technical manufacturing information
- Willing to travel extensively within the state