Provide operational assistance to English Access Microscholarship Program, a global program that promotes and supports English language acquisition. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Support Regional Program Officers in regional portfolios.
- Complete administrative tasks in support of core project operations including but not limited to agreement set-up, processing program reports, and program close out.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of project materials, including but not limited to internal process outlines, standard form templates, and standard communication templates.
- Review and verifies program documents for accuracy.
- In cooperation with the Regional Program Officers, ensure that routine program
- communication is sent to U.S. Embassy personnel.
- Utilize and perform quality assurance checks of new technologies to enhance program procedures.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member, take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible.
- Demonstrated initiative to be a productive team player.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including use of databases; proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel including Sharepoint. Advanced Sharepoint and Excel skills preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required; a minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in a NGO, government agency or private organization.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
Typical Physical Demands: Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used: Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.