Program Officer II - AE E-Teacher Program
FHI 360, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360 designs and implements academic, professional, cultural, and youth exchange programs for students and emerging leaders around the world. The AE E-Teacher Program offers online courses that support English language acquisition for non-native teachers of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), non-native speakers in a variety of other professional fields, and youth. This project is funded by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs (ECA/A/L). We are seeking a Program Officer II to support program operations and collaborate with ECA/A/L to design and manage a social media strategy.
Essential Job Functions:
The Program Officer II reports to the Project Manager and supports program planning and administration as well as providing technical assistance and support.
- Develops program calendars and workplans;
- Supports the implementation of sub-awards and other agreements;
- Develops tracking systems for sub-awards, consulting agreements, deliverables schedules, payment schedules, etc.
- Collects information to prepare and submit quarterly accruals;
- Assists the project manager in developing forecasts and monitoring pipelines;
- Documents standard operating procedures;
- Assists with proposals and managing Embassy-funded grants, as needed.
- Serves as the liaison for internal units such as finance, contracts, etc.
- Coordinates with ECA/A/L and social media consultants to develop strategies for targeted social media campaigns;
- Recommends social media tools to effectively disseminate information about programs, resources and opportunities;
- Develops plans to assign consultants to develop social media posts and to monitor social media pages;
- Coordinates the approval of work of social media consultants developing social media posts;
- Provides backup for management of technical platforms and technical support;
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Communications, Education, International Development or Related Field.
- 5-8 years’ experience with program management, US Government rules and regulations.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with a variety of stakeholders;
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including those commonly used overseas.
- Strong computer skills including use of databases, survey software, word processing software, Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, and Google (docs, sheets, forms, etc.).
- Working knowledge of systems for financial transaction processing and reporting, such as Deltek Costpoint and IBM CER.
- Demonstrated attention to detail in the management of information and data.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, take initiative, meet deadlines, solve problems and adapt to changing priorities.
- Working knowledge of design and management of SharePoint sites.
- Familiarity with systems design.
- Experience with Drupal or a similar content management system, or other website management platform.
- Experience working overseas as an English Language Fellow or PeaceCorps Volunteer, or other study/work abroad experience.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.