DRC has been operating in Ethiopia since 2009, supporting various refugee populations and host communities and has also working on mixed migration issues in the country. DRC has a country programme office in Addis Ababa and a liaison office in the capital of the Somali region Jijiga, but direct project activities are carried out from three areas of operation in the Gambella, Dolo Ado, Filtu region
An internship provides a student pursuing graduate studies, or a recent graduate, with entry-level work experience in his/her field of study. The intern will contribute to strengthening program quality while gaining experience and knowledge on programming for displacement-affected communities.
- Conduct research, review and revise reports according to donor requirements and DRC’s standards
- Provide training to staff members on report writing in terms of logic, internal consistency, flow, grammar and presentation
- Support to Grants Management: Provide support to the grants management unit as needed, with responsibilities including, but not exclusive to:
- Supporting field teams to ensure quality and timeliness of report delivery
- Maintaining grants management-related documents
- Assessing process flows to recommend improved efficiencies and needs for capacity development
Support to Program Units:
- Support field teams in all documentation-related aspects of project implementation
- Develop case studies and success stories for external communication
Support New Business Development
- Maintain and update new business development tracker, analyzing trends leading to successful and unsuccessful proposals
- Conduct donor and partner mapping
- Support development, revision, presentation and final packaging of proposals
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate each of DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC's vision and values
- Moreover, we also expect the following:
- He/she should have completed University Degree or post graduate education qualification in social sciences.
- He/she should have Skills in report presentation and analysis
- He/she should have Ability to manage diverse activities, meet deadlines and adapt to shifts in priorities
- He/she should have ability to work well independently and in groups
- He/ She should be fluent in English language skills
- He/she should possess a High degree of computer literacy
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles.
- ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines.
- Identify priority activities and assignments, adjust priorities as required.
- Aptitude and openness to change, with an ability to lead change management