Program Specialist (Micro-finance)
Aga Khan Rural Support Programme, Khandwa, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India) is a non-denominational, non-government development organization. AKRSP (I) works as a catalyst for the betterment of rural communities by providing direct support to local communities. AKRSP (I) is active in over 2400 villages of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.
Position: Program Specialist (Micro-finance)
- Leading the Self-Help Group (SHG) programme of the organization which currently has over 20000 women as membership base
- Regular monitoring of the SHG programme of the organization ensuring that the quality of groups is excellent
- Significantly expanding the financial inclusion program scale of the organization
- Managing software based monitoring system for information related to SHG transactions
- Piloting innovative processes, technologies, products which can be highly useful for SHG members. These products may include savings, credit, insurance, digital transactions etc.
- Conceptualizing and operationalizing a large scale program on financial literacy in rural areas
- Liaison with donors, government, NABARD and other related agencies
- Promoting large scale livelihood activities among SHG members using savings or bank credit
- Capacity building of field teams on various aspects of micro-finance
- Preparing regular progress reports along with regular evaluation of SHG portfolio of the organization
Skills & Competencies required:
- In depth understanding of women’s self-help groups, micro-finance and women empowerment related aspects
- In depth understanding of monitoring, evaluations and reporting functions particularly in development sector programmes
- Understanding of rural livelihoods, education, gender, WASH etc is required
- Good training skills
- Good communications skills including writing skills
- Willingness to travel in remote areas
- Willingness to liaison with government, banks, donors etc
- Hindi language proficiency is needed with working knowledge of English.
- Post Graduate in any discipline preferably in rural management, economics, development studies or social sciences
- Over 5 years of experience in functions related to microfinance and other financial inclusion processes. Experience of working at grass roots with womens self-help groups is mandatory.