Program Support Intern
Fhi360, Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360 is recruiting a program support intern for a period of 4 months, under the Safeguarding Democratic Space in Kenya (SADES-K), which will be implemented from 2018 to 2021. The overall goal of SADES-K is to enhance Kenya’s ability to hold a national conversation on reforms and national cohesion, and to safeguard democratic gains, including protecting civic space, respect for human rights and observance of rule of law.
- Provide communications support to SADES-K team in Nairobi.
- Conduct continuous media monitoring on behalf of the SADES-K program.
- Assist to update grant files both in SharePoint drive and hard copy files.
- Conduct data entry for the project and carry out data checks, verification and cleaning on data provided by partners.
- Ensure hard copies /data sources are approved and properly labelled and filed (in soft and hard files)
- Other activities as defined by the SADES-K Chief of Party
Minimum Requirement Standards:
- Tertiary level education in Communications, Statistics, IT, Social Sciences or related field with experience in a similar position.
- Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Computer literacy; especially use of excel and graphics
- Keen interest and passion for governance issues;
- Cultural adaptability and sensitivity;
- Working knowledge of donor programs
- Attention to details