Program Support Manager - Complex Projects
Habitat for Humanity, Manila, Philippines
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented individual for the role of a Program Support Manager - Complex Projects. This individual will report to the Associate Director of Regional Programs and provide grant development and programmatic support on projects/partnerships with USAID, CIDA, EU and the like in the AP region. The Program Support Manager - Complex Projects is expected to help and advise Program Leads and other necessary APO personnel in the development, capacity building, implementation and reporting of these complex or regional (million dollar or multi-year) projects. This position will be based in Manila, Philippines.
- Provides inputs on the design and planning of multi-million dollar or multi-year concept papers, proposals & partnerships in collaboration with the Program Leads & RD.
- Where appropriate, helps define or clarify the project’s Theory of Change and log frame with the Program Leads and implementing partners.
- Supports RD in writing technical, complex proposals if needed.
- Helps RD source complex grants through referrals and his/her network of bi, multilateral agencies and other funding technical organizations.
Technical Advisory & Capacity Building
- Regularly assesses the capacity/feasibility of HFHI AP’s implementing partners to develop, implement, manage and report on complex grant in coordination with Program Leads.
- Together with the Program Leads, reviews complex contracts, grant conditions and other project documents to ensure that terms and conditions are compliant to HFHI’s mission and standards.
- Responsible for developing and introducing commonly used or best practice methods, tools and implementation guidelines for complex projects. S/he also recommends improvements in process, policies, systems, etc. of the implementing partner to meet complex grant requirements.
- In coordination with the Program Leads, orients project stakeholders (NOs, branches & other relevant personnel) in these tools, guidelines, etc. to help build their capacities to implement complex projects.
- With the Program Leads, supports the project’s Chief of Staff (CoP) in the roll out of the project, and the identification of possible risks and mitigation plans to help ensure that donor standards are properly met.
- Monitors and tracks all complex projects and their indicators such as outputs, outcomes, impact and base line results. S/he will present the most relevant findings in tables, dashboards and graphs for easy comparison and review, identifying areas of improvement and lessons learned.
- Analyzes project data versus deliverables. In the event of non-compliance, s/he helps in the development of remedial plans and corrective measures with the Program Leads and CoP.
- Shares lessons learned and key findings of these projects with internal and external stakeholders to further build the capacities of HFHI and its implementing partners on complex projects.
Project Reporting: In behalf of HFHI AP, helps draft, compiles, reviews and edits the project narrative, financial and baseline reports of complex projects in accordance with the donor in coordination with the Program Leads, Finance and other relevant AP personnel.
- Undergraduate degree in developmental studies, economics, business administration or related field.
- Post-graduate degree in the above related fields preferred.
- 6 years of experience with international donors (USAID, EU, CIDA, etc.) and a proven record of success with managing large, complex projects with multiple partners.
- 2 years international experience, preferably with an INGO or international agency.
- With a strong network of bi, multilateral and other funding technical organizations.
- In-depth experience on proposal development, reporting and compliance.
- Experienced on monitoring and evaluation & log-frame development.
- Willingness to affirm the principles of HFH.
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills.
- Highly Collaborative/ team oriented.
- Strong written and oral fluency in English required.
- Written and oral fluency in Area specific language preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work in multi-cultural, multi-faith context.
- Strong training, negotiation, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Organization and planning.
- Decision-making and problem solving.
- Ability to work independently, and on a team, on multiple tasks.