The United Nations World Food Program is the largest humanitarian organization fighting hunger in the world. In Niger, WFP has been meeting the needs of poor women, men, boys and girls since 1968. We are working towards the Zero Hunger Target by 2030 by supporting government and community efforts on two fronts, saving lives and change lives.
To save lives we work in crisis areas. We are present in the Lake Chad Basin where violence related to the Boko Haram conflict has displaced thousands of people. This crisis has destabilized the Diffa region in Niger, also precipitating local populations in a high vulnerability. The border with Mali is also subject to increasing instability. WFP provides food assistance in these areas to assist conflict victims, refugees, displaced persons, returnees and host local populations.
To change lives, WFP is working throughout Niger to make people more resilient to shocks, including climate, which threaten the agricultural capacities and livelihoods of the most vulnerable Nigerians. Our package of integrated activities covers nutrition, school canteens and technical assistance for land reclamation. WFP buys part of its food locally and from small producers to revitalize the national and local economy. Our focus is on building the capacity of government and communities in this country, which is hit by repeated shocks. Thus, people manage to break the vicious circle of poverty and look to the future in a better light.
WFP manages United Nations humanitarian air services, UNHAS. Some regions are far from the capital. Thanks to its devices, UNHAS enables all the humanitarian personnel present in Niger to reach quickly and safely the place of humanitarian operations. This helps to reach vulnerable people, even in the most difficult to reach areas.
Independent studies have shown that WFP's interventions in Niger are bearing fruit. These results confirm that our efforts in support of the government contribute, with the support of our donors, to support the development of Niger.
- Manage and operate the COMET tool by creating project properties, user profile, etc;
- Train / retrain and assist PAM staff on the use of the COMET tool.
- Create partnership agreements, endorsements and extensions of agreements when needed
- Scrupulously check the consistency between the tonnages of the agreements and the planned beneficiaries and alert them when necessary;
- Carefully check the accuracy of the information entered in the system in relation to physical documents to maintain the integrity and quality of the entries according to the organization's standards.
- Set up a system to monitor the progress of the entry of the various reports and regularly produce a clear and up-to-date situation with the concerned sections.
- Manage and track distribution information and provide any reports requested by other units regarding completed distributions from cooperating partners and ensure that these reports are validated
- Perform periodic reconciliations between the different internal systems in relation to COMET in order to detect any gaps and make corrections.
- Initiate e-requisitions and follow up
- Project properties (Ration, Support Calendar, Distribution Sites, etc.) are up-to-date in the COMET system.
- The Cooperating Partnerships Agreements (Food and Cash) are entered and validated within the required timeframes in COMET so that the sub-offices can create the food request notes.
- Ensure that all distribution reports entered into COMET are validated to facilitate the preparation of annual reports.
MINIMAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education: High school diploma.
- Excellent knowledge of French and good knowledge of English.
- Good knowledge of local languages.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet, etc.)
- Training: Have at least a Bac + 3 years in Computer Science, Computer Management, Statistics, Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation or any other related field.
- Experience: At least 4 years of experience in computer science applied to database management and / or programming.
Knowledge and skills:
- Have knowledge of monitoring activities in the databases.
- To be able to work in a team and in emergencies.
- Ability to make analytical and conceptual decisions about development strategies.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, etc.).
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills to develop good working relationships.
- Have an ability to extract and analyze data from a data management system.