UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Reporting to the Women Peace and Security Programme Specialist, the Programme, Administrative and Finance Assistant will work with and provide support to the members of the Women Peace and Security (WPS) Unit in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. S/he will provide programme, administrative, and logistical assistance to the WPS team for the smooth programme implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, procurement requests and proposals on programme implementation arrangements, including tracking the delivery of funds;
- Provide administrative support to the executing agencies / responsible parties on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Provide administrative support for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the programme portfolio of the WPS Unit
- Prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Provide administrative support in monitoring and preparation of budget and the finances of programmes/projects, and in the preparation of FACE forms;
- Prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Process payment for consultants, as delegated;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas.
- Provide administrative support to WPS Unit
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Draft minutes in meetings, as requested;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Programme team;
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents; maintain mailing lists.
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from donors, and programme team as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is required.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative and programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Proven experience in supporting a team;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
- Previous experience working for the UN is an asset;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.