As Programme Advisor you are responsible to ensure a high quality programme design, the implementation of a functional Monitoring & Evaluation system as well as proper networking with
all stakeholders. You will provide major input in programme formulation for ZOA Sudan as well as the development of project proposals for (potential) donors.
- Support programme staff in the formulation and implementation of (multi) annual programme plans for the integrated and multi-sectoral development plans in their specific geographic areas;
- Assist the Country Director in ensuring the quality of programme implementation of all ZOA Sudan programmes through field visits, the formulation and supervision of assessments as well as standard monitoring and evaluation;
- Contribute to a positive and sustainable impact in all project activities on the population by supporting a stakeholder centred approach;
- Design and follow up the adherence to minimum quality standards in the programme implementation (CHS);
- Pursue (potential) donors in coordination with the Country Director Sudan;
- Formulate and follow-up relevant donor proposals in line with the agreed upon programme plans and country annual plan and provide adequate support to line managers in this respect;
- Monitor and guard the quality of quarterly and annual plans and reports from the various country programmes and support the Country Director Sudan in the production of timely reports and plans;
- Hold membership in the national management team.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA;
- It is expected that you will support the vision and mission of ZOA.
Knowledge / Experience
- University degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field;
- At least three years field experience in a development country;
- Relevant experience with Project Cycle Management, including formulation, budgeting, report and proposal writing and monitoring;
- Experience in designing, implementation and monitoring of projects;
- Command of English;
- Competency in PCM;
- Competency in PM&E;
- Knowledge of quality standards such as HAP, SPHERE;
- PRA and Research skills.
- Conceptual flexibility;
- Able to work in a fluid and insecure environment;
- Strong formulation and writing skills;
- Hands-on management;
- Result-oriented approach;
- Intercultural sensitivity;
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Approximately 40% of time required for travel within Sudan;
- Frequent field work required;
- Duty station does not qualify for additional R&R arrangements;
- Sudan is a family duty station.
For inquiries on the contents of the position, please contact Mrs. Charity van Bemmel, HR Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration/FTE: Three years with possibility of extension – full time position
How to apply:
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, cultural backgrounds, and candidates with
disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly through the ZOA website.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated. Please provide at least 3 reference related to your previous employment listed in the application.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will
have priority, in case of similar results.